Re: [in-phpug] variable values not echoing?

  • Bhupendra Banodhe
    Message 1 of 6 , May 21, 2003
      Hii,

      Yeah thats true the register_globals is Off coz of
      security reason. What else if some one want to port
      previous code into latest version of PHP, who dont
      used the $_POST["variable"] pattern.

      Regards

      Bhupendra

      --- Dr Tarique Sani <tarique@...> wrote:
      > On Tue, 20 May 2003, Bhupendra Banodhe wrote:
      >
      > > Edit /etc/php.ini find out parameter
      > register_globals,
      > > if it is Off then put in On and restart httpd, if
      > so
      > > then definately it works.
      >
      > Before you do that be sure you are aware of what the
      > security related
      > implications of doing that are...
      >
      > Tarique
      >
      > --

      =====
      Visit My Web Site at :http://www.bhupi.20m.com

      http://search.yahoo.com
    • Dr Tarique Sani
      Message 2 of 6 , May 21, 2003
        On Wed, 21 May 2003, Bhupendra Banodhe wrote:

        > Yeah thats true the register_globals is Off coz of
        > security reason. What else if some one want to port
        > previous code into latest version of PHP, who dont
        > used the $_POST["variable"] pattern.

        You can use $HTTP_POST_VARS['variable'] or any of the code snippets
        available to convert $HTTP_x into normal values BUT that is once again
        exposing yourself to the security issues. The best option is to be sure
        that your code cannot be affected by such attacks.

        For the record I often program with register_globals off.