PHP for Radius server

  • Paul Alapatt
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 3, 2003
      Hi,

      Can anyone please direct me to a resource on how to handle PHP based
      authentication and billing cycle systems for a RADIUS server.

      Much appreciate the help.

      Regards,
      Paul Alapatt
    • Shashi Shekhar S
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 3, 2003
        --- Paul Alapatt <a.paul@...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > Can anyone please direct me to a resource on how to handle PHP
        > based
        > authentication and billing cycle systems for a RADIUS server.

        hi,

        if changing passwords for users and similar stuff is what you want to
        handle with PHP, why don't you integrate LDAP/FreeRadius/PHP

        shashi

        http://tax.yahoo.com
      • Paul Alapatt
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 3, 2003
          Hi Shashi,

          Thanks a lot for the input, will definitely consider using LDAP with
          FreeRadius.

          However to just run you through the game plan.

          The idea is to allow my client who is a reseller for AZURE.com(WiFi) to
          do the following:

          [Azure Radius server] <--{ Authentication / billing information }-->
          [Client Radius server]
          [Client's users
          Company Billing and Admin for users
          get authenticated
          via AZUREs proxy
          Radius where in turn
          AZURE refers to clients RADIUS
          For authentication]

          Now I am a bit dazed as to which of the open source radius servers are
          the most trustworthy in such a scenario, where WiFi hackers are abound.
          Also Icradius server seems to be the only one around supporting mySQL
          database.

          Any inputs in this matter would be of immense benefit to me, much
          obliged.

          Regards,
          Paul Alapatt
          Bernardlabs.com

          > Can anyone please direct me to a resource on how to handle PHP based
          > authentication and billing cycle systems for a RADIUS server.

          hi,

          if changing passwords for users and similar stuff is what you want to
          handle with PHP, why don't you integrate LDAP/FreeRadius/PHP

          shashi

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • Shashi Shekhar S
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 4, 2003
            > Now I am a bit dazed as to which of the open source radius servers
            > are
            > the most trustworthy in such a scenario, where WiFi hackers are
            > abound.
            > Also Icradius server seems to be the only one around supporting
            > mySQL
            > database.

            you haven't had a look at FreeRadius then ! though supposedly it is
            still in beta, it works great, supports lots of
            Authentication/Accounting methods via MySQl, PostgreSQL,etc, etc

            hope this helps

            shashi

            http://tax.yahoo.com
          • Paul Alapatt
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 4, 2003
              :) Thanks

              It was the beta warning on the front page that me made me a bit skeptic.

              Paul

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 21, 2003
                Hi,

                I am currently passing the following string to CURL.

                .
                .
                .
                $ch = curl_init("https://swreg.org/cgi-bin/c.cgi");
                .
                .
                .

                Does this ensure Server 2 Server interaction is via SSL? Since the URL
                passed is for the SSL port.

                Or do I need to explicitly define the SSL constant.

                Take care,
                Paul Alapatt
              • Rakesh Kumar
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 22, 2003
                  Yes, this ensures that the interaction with the target server is via
                  SSL. By the way, which SSL constant are you talking about that you would
                  use in case this was not making a connection over SSL?

                  Cheers!!

                  Rakesh

                  Hi,

                  I am currently passing the following string to CURL.

                  .
                  .
                  .
                  $ch = curl_init("https://swreg.org/cgi-bin/c.cgi");
                  .
                  .
                  .

                  Does this ensure Server 2 Server interaction is via SSL? Since the URL
                  passed is for the SSL port.

                  Or do I need to explicitly define the SSL constant.

                  Take care,
                  Paul Alapatt

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=249982.3179269.4495679.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=1705
                  006764:HM/A=1524963/R=0/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autoredir?camp=5
                  56&lineid=3179269&prop=egroupweb&pos=HM>

                  <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=249982.3179269.4495679.1728375/D=egrou
                  pmail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=252846933>

                  Read Posting Guidelines at
                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/in-phpug/files/guidelines.html

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 22, 2003
                    Thanks,

                    Btw,

                    I was considering the following to have some implications in this matter

                    CURLOPT_SSLCERT (integer)

                    CURLOPT_SSLCERTPASSWD (integer)

                    CURLOPT_WRITEHEADER (integer)

                    CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST (integer)

                    CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE (integer)

                    CURLOPT_SSLVERSION (integer)

                    .
                    .
                    .
                    .
                    .
                    .

                    Take care,
                    Paul

                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 22, 2003
                      None of these options are used to set whether the connection would be
                      over SSL or not (though some of these options are used to specify the
                      Version of SSL (2.0 or 3.0) used, send the file-name containing PEM
                      formatted certificate, etc.). Once the URL specifies that the connection
                      would be over SSL (Through https), then using these options, the options
                      for CURL transfer can be set.

                      In fact, if you use http instead of https, then all the options become
                      invalid and ignored.

                      Regards

                      Rakesh

[...]

                      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=247865.3003379.4507215.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=1705
                      006764:HM/A=1482387/R=0/*http://ads.x10.com/?bHlhaG9vaG0xLmRhd=105100448
                      0%3eM=247865.3003379.4507215.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=1705006764:HM/A=14823
                      87/R=1=1051004480%3eM=247865.3003379.4507215.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=17050
                      06764:HM/A=1482387/R=2>

                      <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=247865.3003379.4507215.1728375/D=egrou
                      pmail/S=:HM/A=1482387/rand=996270171>