php and local printing

  • Rajesh Fowkar
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2003
      Hello,

      What is the best way to print on a locally connected printer from php ?

      For printing we want to give the user three options :

      1. Screen

      2. Local Printer

      3. Server Printer

      What you guys are using for printing on locally connected printer from
      php.

      Thanks in advance.

      Peace

      --
      Rajesh
      :

      Sub : Downloading html pages as text LOST #215

      If you wish to download html pages from the net and save them
      to your local disk directly as text ... do:
      $lynx -dump http://some-url.net/somepage.html > textfile.dump

      ####<bish@...>####################################
      :
    • Ajith C
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2003
        Hello,
        Use javascript event onload=print() for the
        printable page. It will popup the native print
        dialog, leave rest to the user.
        Server side is totally in your control & that
        depends on your platform (Unix : use html2ps | lp
        or similar)
        Screen print is the most easy one. You pump the
        content to user & leave rest to him

        Regards

        =====
        Ajith C <ajith@...>
        Seismic Software Group
        533, GEOPIC,
        ONGC, INDIA.

        http://uk.my.yahoo.com
      • Srinivasan Ramakrishnan
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 5, 2003
          I absolutely agree. Of course if you happen to be stuck with Windows,
          PHP has the printer.dll provided functions.

          I haven't tried it, but I guess it should work.

          Hmmm... what about printers that support IP based printing?

          I guess it gets printer specific, but many of them run webservers and
          you can print docs as long as you send a PS stream to their HTTP port as
          part of a HTML form upload equivalent.

          -Srini