PHP session - Remember me problem

  • abhishek jain
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 2009
      Hi friends,
      I need to have a checkbox like 'Remember me' in my site. Currently i have a login page which allows one to login but when someone closes and open the browser again, they have to relogin, i want that if a checkbox is selected, they should be able to save the session.

      I think something has to be done on the life of session cookie, but not sure.
      Pl. advice

      Abhishek jain
    • Krishna Shasankar
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 9, 2009
        Yes, you can make use of cookies.

        try this link http://www.bitrepository.com/php-autologin.html

        Regards,
        Krishna Shasankar

        http://www.krishnashasankar.com | http://www.clickoffline.com

        On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 11:22 AM, abhishek jain <ejaincom@...> wrote:

        > Hi friends,
        > I need to have a checkbox like 'Remember me' in my site. Currently i have a
        > login page which allows one to login but when someone closes and open the
        > browser again, they have to relogin, i want that if a checkbox is selected,
        > they should be able to save the session.
        >
        > I think something has to be done on the life of session cookie, but not
        > sure.
        > Pl. advice
        >
        > --
        > Regards,
        > Abhishek jain

      • Rohan Prabhu
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 9, 2009
          The 'Remember me' option basically relates to setting a non-zero time for
          the cookie being set. If the cookie is set to time 0, the cookie is deleted
          at the end of the session. In case 'remember me' is selected, the cookie is
          persistent i.e. the cookie time is set to a non-zero value and stays in the
          browser till the time specified or if deleted manually [or via the server
          using a previous time value]. To see how to set the time parameter for
          cookies, see: http://php.net/setcookie.

          regards,
          rohan