Urgent help needed

  • Surajit Koly
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2009
      Hi experts,
      We are developing a news letter module. We are successfully sending the
      email from the module admin area. But we are unable to track whether the
      email is opened by the email recipient or not. Also we want to track whether
      the email is clicked or not. Please help.

      Thanks
      Regards
      Surajit

    • karni karan
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 4, 2009
        Hi,

        Are you sending html mail or plain text mail?

        Karunakar

        We are developing a news letter module. We are successfully sending the
        email from the module admin area. But we are unable to track whether the
        email is opened by the email recipient or not. Also we want to track whether
        the email is clicked or not. Please help.

        Thanks
        Regards
        Surajit

        Connect with friends all over the world. Get Yahoo! India Messenger at http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/?wm=n/

      • Ashish Jain
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 4, 2009
          use Beacon - An image of 1x1 pixel with src pointing to your php file on
          domain where you can do the operations. If you get any request to that PHP
          file you're email has been read.
          Simple ...isn't it ;-)

          Ashish

          On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 12:48 PM, Surajit Koly <chansuro@...> wrote:

          > Hi experts,
          > We are developing a news letter module. We are successfully sending the
          > email from the module admin area. But we are unable to track whether the
          > email is opened by the email recipient or not. Also we want to track
          > whether
          > the email is clicked or not. Please help.
          >
          > Thanks
          > Regards
          > Surajit

        • Aji Issac
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 4, 2009
            Most of the emails doesn't display images by default these days, so it might
            track it. I doubt that there is any other way. It's all an appoximation.

            Aji

            --
            http://www.SEOforClients.com - India's very first web marketing course with
            AjiNIMC. With Web 2009, every individual is a company but only few have

            On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 10:24 PM, Ashish Jain <ashishjain.1983@...>wrote:

            > use Beacon - An image of 1x1 pixel with src pointing to your php file on
            > domain where you can do the operations. If you get any request to that PHP
            > file you're email has been read.
            > Simple ...isn't it ;-)
            >
            > Ashish
            >

            > On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 12:48 PM, Surajit Koly <chansuro@...<chansuro%40gmail.com>>
            > wrote:
            >
            > > Hi experts,
            > > We are developing a news letter module. We are successfully sending the
            > > email from the module admin area. But we are unable to track whether the
            > > email is opened by the email recipient or not. Also we want to track
            > > whether
            > > the email is clicked or not. Please help.
            > >
            > > Thanks
            > > Regards
            > > Surajit

          • Ashish Jain
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 4, 2009
              ok put an hidden iframe. You just need to access the url though. Else write
              a javascript statement to put the image src or the frame src as the tareget
              url.

              Ashish