drag n drop interface to adjust the display order

  • geetanuj2002
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2008
      Hello, I have a bunch of images that I am displaying on a web page and
      their path info is stored in a MySQL database. I'm using PHP and
      MySQL 5 (if that matters).

      I want to give the administrator the ability to go in and change the
      display order of the images to whatever order he likes, maybe I'll
      give him a drag n drop interface to adjust the display order.

      What is the best and most efficient method to store the display order
      in the database? Should I create a seperate table just for display
      order or just add a display order column to the DB? Thanks.
    • Anurag's
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2008
        I think you want something like this

        Demo!