PHP

  • Vaibhav Kulkarni
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 8, 2008
      Hello Friends,
      can you please tell me which Editor is best for developing a Website in PHP.
      waiting for your reply.

      --
      Vaibhav Kulkarni,
      FRLHT,
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 8, 2008
        You can try EditPlus. They give clear specification of all the keywords, functions etc etc in colored format.

        Vijay Srinivas

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 9, 2008
          Macro Media Dreamweaver is better for designing the page and all....

          Thanks...

          G. Sabari Nathan.

          +919790982211.

          To: in-phpug@yahoogroups.com
          From: vijay.srini@...
          Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 12:11:39 +0530
          Subject: Re: [in-phpug] PHP

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 9, 2008
            I think Eclipse is the best editor, it has got a plugin for PHP.

            On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 1:22 AM, sabari nath <haisabari@...> wrote:

            > Macro Media Dreamweaver is better for designing the page and all....
            >
            > Thanks...
            >
            > G. Sabari Nathan.
            >
            > +919790982211.
            >

            > To: in-phpug@yahoogroups.com <in-phpug%40yahoogroups.com>
            > From: vijay.srini@... <vijay.srini%40frlht.org>
            > Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 12:11:39 +0530
            > Subject: Re: [in-phpug] PHP
            >
            > You can try EditPlus. They give clear specification of all the keywords,
            > functions etc etc in colored format.
            >
            > Vijay Srinivas

            Best Regards,
            Sachin Ramdasi
            Cell : +91 9325024974
            Email : sachin.ramdasi@... / sachinramdasi@...

          • Aji Issac
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 9, 2008
              have u tried nusphere?

              On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 8:28 PM, Sachin Ramdasi <sachin.ramdasi@...>
              wrote:

              > I think Eclipse is the best editor, it has got a plugin for PHP.
              >
              > On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 1:22 AM, sabari nath <haisabari@...<haisabari%40hotmail.com>>
              > wrote:
              >
              > > Macro Media Dreamweaver is better for designing the page and all....
              > >
              > > Thanks...
              > >
              > > G. Sabari Nathan.
              > >
              > > +919790982211.
              > >

              > > To: in-phpug@yahoogroups.com <in-phpug%40yahoogroups.com> <in-phpug%
              > 40yahoogroups.com>
              > > From: vijay.srini@... <vijay.srini%40frlht.org> <vijay.srini%
              > 40frlht.org>
              > > Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 12:11:39 +0530
              > > Subject: Re: [in-phpug] PHP
              > >
              > > You can try EditPlus. They give clear specification of all the keywords,
              > > functions etc etc in colored format.
              > >
              > > Vijay Srinivas

              http://www.idealwebtools.com/blog/indians-fear-failure/ - Why Indians fear
              failure?

            • Rohan Prabhu
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 10, 2008
                Dreamweaver is good if you don't code your own HTML and if you write
                PHP code embedded within your HTML code. In case, you keep the HTML
                and PHP seperate, Dreamweaver is a poor choice. It is not meant to be
                an IDE as such.

                If you want a free IDE, I would suggest eclipse. It is the best free
                IDE out there, however, it is sluggish due to it running on JRE.

                EditPlus is good too, but does not fare well when it comes to managing
                bigger projects alongwith MySQL integration.

                If you are ready to pay a few bucks, I would suggest the Zend IDE.
                It's IntelliSense works properly [as compared to Komodo.. which has
                many issues]. But even Zend IDE is a bit sluggish since it also runs
                on JRE, however it is faster as compared to Eclipse. It features
                Subversion/CVS integration and also MySQL integration including
                debugging features. After all, the guys at Zend are the creators of
                PHP !!!

                As for XHTML/JS/CSS development, Aptana IDE is the best option. It is
                a great editor and also is open source :D

                regards,
                rohan

              • saumya ray
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 12, 2008
                  try easyeclipse, its free, opensource and already done with PHP plugin for eclipse
                  http://www.easyeclipse.org/site/home/

                  saumya
                  reading : http://www.saumyaray.wordpress.com

                  On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 10:55 AM, Aji Issac <ajiissac@gmail. com> wrote:
                  > have u tried nusphere?
                  >
                  > On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 8:28 PM, Sachin Ramdasi <sachin.ramdasi@ gmail.com>
                  > wrote:
                  >
                  >> I think Eclipse is the best editor, it has got a plugin for PHP.
                  >>
                  >> On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 1:22 AM, sabari nath
                  >> <haisabari@hotmail. com<haisabari%40hotmai l.com>>
                  >> wrote:
                  >>
                  >> > Macro Media Dreamweaver is better for designing the page and all....
                  >> >
                  >> > Thanks...
                  >> >
                  >> > G. Sabari Nathan.
                  >> >
                  >> > +919790982211.
                  >> >

                  >> > To: in-phpug@yahoogroup s.com <in-phpug%40yahoogr oups.com> <in-phpug%
                  >> 40yahoogroups. com>
                  >> > From: vijay.srini@ frlht.org <vijay.srini% 40frlht.org> <vijay.srini%
                  >> 40frlht.org>
                  >> > Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 12:11:39 +0530
                  >> > Subject: Re: [in-phpug] PHP
                  >> >
                  >> > You can try EditPlus. They give clear specification of all the keywords,
                  >> > functions etc etc in colored format.
                  >> >
                  >> > Vijay Srinivas

                • Vineet Agrawal
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 18, 2008
                    Hi All

                    There is a OSSCamp (
                    http://www.osscamp.in/index.php/OSSCamp_Delhi_Summer_Edition) on 21 June 08
                    in Delhi. There would be some sessions on some of the php development
                    frameworks. It would be great if some of you also can join and give
                    presentations on your favorite frameworks.

                    Regards

                    Vineet
                    osscamp.in