Re: [in-phpug] Google Summer of Code

  • Kaustubh Srikanth
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 23, 2008
      PHP, Drupal and several other PHP projects have been SOC organisations
      in the past, I was a Drupal SOC mentor last year.

      Cheers,
      -K

      On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 2:34 AM, abhishek jain <ejaincom@...> wrote:
      > Hi all,
      > Does we have a connection between google summer of code and php and is there a mentor within us. Please speak up .
      > Thanks,
      >
      > --
      > Regards,
      > Abhishek jain

      Kaustubh Srikanth
      http://houndbee.com
      http://houndbee.com/hcard.html
    • Dr. Tarique Sani
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 23, 2008
        On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 12:51 PM, Kaustubh Srikanth <houndbee@...>
        wrote:

        > PHP, Drupal and several other PHP projects have been SOC organisations
        > in the past, I was a Drupal SOC mentor last year.

        Coppermine Picture Gallery was there last year and is there this year too...
        I was a mentor as were 3 more from SANIsoft

      • Shoeb Surya
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 23, 2008
          Hello Dr. Sani,

          I was going through the FAQ's at SOC
          "For all students, we will need a transcript/proof of enrollment in school.
          Transcripts do not need to be official." hmm any idea if I can participate
          as a student although I am working!

          Thanks and Regards,
          Shoeb

          On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 9:05 PM, Dr. Tarique Sani <tarique@...>
          wrote:

          > On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 12:51 PM, Kaustubh Srikanth <houndbee@...<houndbee%40gmail.com>
          > >
          > wrote:
          >

          > > PHP, Drupal and several other PHP projects have been SOC organisations
          > > in the past, I was a Drupal SOC mentor last year.
          >
          > Coppermine Picture Gallery was there last year and is there this year
          > too...
          > I was a mentor as were 3 more from SANIsoft
          >
          > Tarique
          >
          > --

          Best Regards,
          Shoeb Surya

        • Dr. Tarique Sani
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 23, 2008
            Shoeb Surya wrote:
            > "For all students, we will need a transcript/proof of enrollment in school.
            > Transcripts do not need to be official." hmm any idea if I can participate
            > as a student although I am working!

            You can participate as long as you are a "student" - it is not necessary
            to be a full time student.

            PHP Applications for E-Biz: http://www.sanisoft.com
            Coppermine Picture Gallery: http://coppermine.sf.net