web service

  • binoy
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 4, 2008
      Hi Every one,
      I want to write a web service.
      server is php and cleint is .net.

      my requirement is that i want to return product list (all the product or single product -- that depend on the id we are getting from client machine ) from an oscommerce site.the client is .net and the server is php.

      Actually i dont know anything abt the webservices. Can anybody help me.

      With Regards
      Binoy.M.V

    • Dr. Tarique Sani
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4, 2008
        binoy wrote:

        > Actually i dont know anything abt the webservices. Can anybody help me.

        Start here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_service and
        http://www.w3schools.com/webservices/ws_intro.asp Then move on to
        http://webservices.xml.com/pub/a/ws/2004/03/24/phpws.html after that
        Google is your friend.

        In a single line - all that you will probably need to do is output XML
        instead of HTML in the format that the .net client expects.

        HTH

        PHP Applications for E-Biz: http://www.sanisoft.com
        Coppermine Picture Gallery: http://coppermine.sf.net