Re: [in-phpug] Cake PHP and other frameworks which is best

  • Dr. Tarique Sani
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 28, 2007
      On 7/29/07, abhishek jain <ejaincom@...> wrote:

      > Hi friends,
      > Which is the best framework to work in PHP ,
      > I am looking at the ease of coding point of view and which have small
      > learning curve.

      CakePHP

    • neeraj avinash
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 30, 2007
        Hi Abhishek,

        As per my opinion cake php and codeigniter are good one.

        Both are inspired by ROR but very handy and easy to learn.

        These reduces the time frame upto a great extent.

        Regards,
        Neeraj

        Which is the best framework to work in PHP ,

        I am looking at the ease of coding point of view and which have small learning curve.

        Give me your thoughts.

        I know this must have been discussed earlier but i wanted to know the latest in PHP.

        Abhishek jain

        <!--

        #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
        #ygrp-text{
        font-family:Georgia;
        }
        #ygrp-text p{
        margin:0 0 1em 0;}
        #ygrp-tpmsgs{
        font-family:Arial;
        clear:both;}
        #ygrp-vitnav{
        #ygrp-vitnav a{
        padding:0 1px;}
        #ygrp-actbar{
        #ygrp-actbar .left{
        float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
        .bld{font-weight:bold;}
        #ygrp-grft{
        #ygrp-ft{
        padding:5px 0;
        }
        #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
        padding-bottom:10px;}

        #ygrp-vital{
        #ygrp-vital #vithd{
        #ygrp-vital ul{
        padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
        #ygrp-vital ul li{
        }
        #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
        #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
        font-weight:bold;}
        #ygrp-vital a {
        text-decoration:none;}

        #ygrp-vital a:hover{
        text-decoration:underline;}

        #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
        color:#999;font-size:77%;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
        padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
        text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
        padding:8px 0;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
        text-decoration:none;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
        text-decoration:underline;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
        margin:0;}
        o {font-size:0;}
        .MsoNormal {
        margin:0 0 0 0;}
        #ygrp-text tt{
        font-size:120%;}
        blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
        .replbq {margin:4;}
        -->

      • Vineet Agrawal
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 31, 2007
          We recently did a lot of work with Zend Framework after experimenting with
          Cake and Symfony. Both Symfony and Zend really impressed us.

          You may also like to come to http://osscamp.in where a specific session is
          dealing with comparisons of the frameworks.

          Regards

          vineet

          Which is the best framework to work in PHP ,

          I am looking at the ease of coding point of view and which have small
          learning curve.

          Give me your thoughts.

          I know this must have been discussed earlier but i wanted to know the latest
          in PHP.

          Abhishek jain

          Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

          <!--

          #ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean,
          sans-serif;}
          #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% arial, helvetica, clean,
          sans-serif;}
          #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
          #ygrp-text{
          font-family:Georgia;
          }
          #ygrp-text p{
          margin:0 0 1em 0;}
          #ygrp-tpmsgs{
          font-family:Arial;
          clear:both;}
          #ygrp-vitnav{
          #ygrp-vitnav a{
          padding:0 1px;}
          #ygrp-actbar{
          #ygrp-actbar .left{
          float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
          .bld{font-weight:bold;}
          #ygrp-grft{
          #ygrp-ft{
          padding:5px 0;
          }
          #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
          padding-bottom:10px;}

          #ygrp-vital{
          #ygrp-vital #vithd{
          font-size:77%;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:bold;color:#333;text-transform
          :uppercase;}
          #ygrp-vital ul{
          padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
          #ygrp-vital ul li{
          }
          #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
          font-weight:bold;color:#ff7900;float:right;width:2em;text-align:right;paddin
          g-right:.5em;}
          #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
          font-weight:bold;}
          #ygrp-vital a {
          text-decoration:none;}

          #ygrp-vital a:hover{
          text-decoration:underline;}

          #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
          color:#999;font-size:77%;}
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
          padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
          text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
          #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
          padding:8px 0;}
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
          font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold;color:#628c2a;font-size:100%;line-height:
          122%;}
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
          text-decoration:none;}
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
          text-decoration:underline;}
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
          margin:0;}
          o {font-size:0;}
          .MsoNormal {
          margin:0 0 0 0;}
          #ygrp-text tt{
          font-size:120%;}
          blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
          .replbq {margin:4;}
          -->

        • Dr. Tarique Sani
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 31, 2007
            Vineet Agrawal wrote:
            > We recently did a lot of work with Zend Framework after experimenting with
            > Cake and Symfony. Both Symfony and Zend really impressed us.

            On what basis Zend Framework was chosen over others like Cake and Symfony?

            PHP Applications for E-Biz: http://www.sanisoft.com
            Coppermine Picture Gallery: http://coppermine.sf.net
          • daw_abr
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 31, 2007
              I have done some work with Symfony and so far it is good. I would say
              symfony (with out Propel, suggest you go with Doctrine ORM instead)
              would be easier to learn with lots of nice features, such as I18n,
              ajax support, integration ajax frameworks through plugins [dojo,
              prototype, yui] ...

              I have also tested Zend framework and looks good.

              --- In in-phpug@yahoogroups.com, abhishek jain <ejaincom@...> wrote:

              > Hi friends,
              > Which is the best framework to work in PHP ,
              > I am looking at the ease of coding point of view and which have
              small learning curve.
              > Give me your thoughts.
              > I know this must have been discussed earlier but i wanted to know
              the latest in PHP.
              > --
              > Regards,
              > Abhishek jain