Re: [in-phpug] LAMP Server Setup!

  • Anurag's
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 20, 2007
      Any more suggestions???

      On 17 Apr 2007 03:36:10 -0700, abhishek jain <ejaincom@...> wrote:

      > Mine opinion , might be not that good but worth a thought:
      >
      > Linux : RHEL , however it is not free so i would suggest Centos 4.4
      > http://centos.org/
      > To install apache php mysql just type on command line : yum install httpd
      > mysql php php-mysql
      > and so on.
      > This will install default versions In case you need diff versions you
      > needs to install repositories for yum. mesage me or in centos mailing list
      > for more info.
      > --
      > Regards,
      > Abhishek jain

      Thanks
      Anurag Bhatia ,
      www.anuragbhatia.org
    • Asif Ali
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 21, 2007
        Hi,
        setting up a LAMP server is really tough job unless u r good at linux/unix.
        the simple method for setting up a lamp server for development environment is XAMPP.
        Download the Xampp linux version from www.apachefriends.org and follow the simple insructions. the xampp will come up with all the things we need for LAMP developemnt.

        For OS u can go for Redhat Enter prise edition. or any redhat distribution.

        Thank you :o)

        Thanks
        Anurag Bhatia ,
        www.anuragbhatia.org

        Muhammad Asif Ali
        www.PhpTuB.com

      • Gaurav Mishra
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 21, 2007
          Pretty simple in Ubuntu , Refer
          https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ApacheMySQLPHP for more info

          On 4/21/07, Anurag's <anuragbhatia@...> wrote:

          > Any more suggestions???
          >
          > On 17 Apr 2007 03:36:10 -0700, abhishek jain <ejaincom@...<ejaincom%40yahoo.com>>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Mine opinion , might be not that good but worth a thought:
          > >
          > > Linux : RHEL , however it is not free so i would suggest Centos 4.4
          > > http://centos.org/
          > > To install apache php mysql just type on command line : yum install
          > httpd
          > > mysql php php-mysql
          > > and so on.
          > > This will install default versions In case you need diff versions you
          > > needs to install repositories for yum. mesage me or in centos mailing
          > list
          > > for more info.
          > > --
          > > Regards,
          > > Abhishek jain

          Thanks and Regards
          Gaurav Mishra
          Linux User #348873
          ILUGD Commitee Member, GZLUG , DGLUG Moderator
          B.Tech 4th Year Computer Science , RKGIT , Ghaziabad
          http://rockybhai.blogspot.com
          "When i can run , i will run , When i can walk , i will walk, When i can
          crawl , i will crawl. But i will not stop moving forward"

        • rakesh pant
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 23, 2007
            Hi Anurag
            I think only two options are there either to use the RPMS available at(rpmfind.net) or compile from source all the details will be available at the respective site

            1) Apache 2.x will be good (apache.org)
            2) PHP Version 5.x will be good (php.net)
            3) MySQL versio 5.0.x will be good (mysql.org)

            You will find the distributions there. If not comfortable with the compling source then go for the RPM's available but do remember to download all the dependent RPM's for a package

            Thanks & Regards
            Rakesh Kumar Pant

            Thanks
            Anurag Bhatia ,