suggestions

  • narendra rajput
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 12, 2006
      hi ,

      every body, when i am trying to send my email through my localhost to it gives an error that Warning: mail(): "sendmail_from" not set in php.ini i have tried a lot of things but cannot get the satisfactory result.

      i need sugestions from all you who worked out on this warning

      thanx

      NARENDRA SINGH RAJPUT
      PHP/MYSQL PROGRAMMER
      dream_nandy@...

    • M Krishna Srikanth
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 12, 2006
        Dear Narendra,
        You can do 3 things.

        1) write some email id in the sendmail_from variable in php.ini.

        2) Make sure you dont have a semicolon before this line in php.ini.

        3) Assign dynamic email id before sending mail. You can do it with ini_set

        ini_set("sendmail_from",mailid@...);

        // Then goes mail script

        ini_restore("sendmail_from");

        I think first one will work surely for you.

        Bye,
        Krishna Srikanth,
        http://www.ksempire.com/