Query string problem

  • mkumarpatil
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2005
      Hi all,

      I am passing huge data through query string in the form of arrays.

      for eg.

      example.php?arrayone=$arrayone&arraytwo=$arraytwo&......

      There are six to seven arrays I am passing through query string.In
      future each array may increase in size or may contain huge data.

      Right now I am trying the same query, upto certain limit it works as
      expected,but beyond that limit it gives javascript error at the
      status bar as I am using button element below..

      $str="example.php?arrayone=$arrayone&arraytwo=$arraytwo&......";

      <button onclick="javascript:openwindow('<?= $str ?
      >','height','width')">Open</button>

      By clicking button, it opens pop up if query string is within certain
      limit, I think since I dont know the exact reason.

      And it remains unopen as an array crosses perticular size and status
      bar shows an error "invalid pointer"

      I am unable to guess the exact cause of an error.

      Is it because of data exceeds query string size?

      Suggest other ways to pass arrays.

      Kindly help me out regarding this.

      Thanks in advance,
      Milindkumar Patil,
      mkumarpatil@...
    • Dr Tarique Sani
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5, 2005
        mkumarpatil wrote:

        >Is it because of data exceeds query string size?

        Most likely

        >Suggest other ways to pass arrays.

        Don't pass them around :) just pass references to them instead...

        lots of ways to achieve the same result - DB, session, Cookies - pick
        whatever suits you the best

        Alternatively see if you can use POST instead of GET

        Cheers

        PHP Applications for E-Biz: http://www.sanisoft.com

        Coppermine Picture Gallery: http://coppermine.sf.net
      • thotakura ravi chandu
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 5, 2005
          http://www.apacheref.com/ref/http_core/LimitRequestLine.html
          http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260694
          check those...and try if they help you...first one gives you the info on an Apache directive to adjust the http request line and the second is for IIS for the same purpose.
          regards
          chandu

          Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 12:57:07 -0000
          From: "mkumarpatil"
          Subject: Query string problem

          Hi all,

          I am passing huge data through query string in the form of arrays.

          for eg.

          example.php?arrayone=$arrayone&arraytwo=$arraytwo&......

          There are six to seven arrays I am passing through query string.In
          future each array may increase in size or may contain huge data.

          Right now I am trying the same query, upto certain limit it works as
          expected,but beyond that limit it gives javascript error at the
          status bar as I am using button element below..

          $str="example.php?arrayone=$arrayone&arraytwo=$arraytwo&......";

          >','height','width')">Open

          By clicking button, it opens pop up if query string is within certain
          limit, I think since I dont know the exact reason.

          And it remains unopen as an array crosses perticular size and status
          bar shows an error "invalid pointer"

          I am unable to guess the exact cause of an error.

          Is it because of data exceeds query string size?

          Suggest other ways to pass arrays.

          Kindly help me out regarding this.

          Thanks in advance,
          Milindkumar Patil,
          mkumarpatil@...

          Smile, and in the broken pieces of your dreams you will find theessence of God's will.

        • adil khan
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 5, 2005
            hello

            you can do one thing just give the whole array as session variable by registering it on your your page and access the variable on your next page in the form of session variable and simple unregister the var array will be accesable there

            enjoying PHPing

            Adil Rauf Khan

            Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 12:57:07 -0000
            From: "mkumarpatil"