Suggestion

  • Raj Dsouza
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 6, 2005
      Hi

      I see no institutes teaching PHP anywhere in india. 2 years back when I heard the word PHP it was something alien to me but one I came to know that its basically coded as c that is when I came to know about PHP.

      We all here should try and make it very visible to all the peple that there is something called PHP and the power it has got. I usually actually try and educate lot of people on who want to learn and are curious about it.

      There should be some seminars which should held (revenue shoul be a problem here but could get donations or sponsors).

      What say people........

      PS. Sachin you too should think about it as I know you are good.

      Thanks
      Raj Dsouza

    • ~Sameer~
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 6, 2005
        hi Raj Dsouza

        u'r idea is great. if there is seminar etc. is good
        for PHP & us.
        about education. u can send us the input & new
        development's ( i.e. come on this group). so we can
        learn & can share with others

        regards
        sameer

        =====
        Hati Ghyal Te Tadis Nya

        http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
      • Herald
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 6, 2005
          --- In in-phpug@yahoogroups.com, Raj Dsouza <raj_wil@y...> wrote:
          > Hi
          >
          > I see no institutes teaching PHP anywhere in india. 2 years back
          when I heard the word PHP it was something alien to me but one I came
          to know that its basically coded as c that is when I came to know
          about PHP.

          > We all here should try and make it very visible to all the peple
          that there is something called PHP and the power it has got. I usually
          actually try and educate lot of people on who want to learn and are
          curious about it.

          > There should be some seminars which should held (revenue shoul be a
          problem here but could get donations or sponsors).

          > Thanks
          > Raj Dsouza

          Hello Raj D'Souza

          There are some institutes here and there. One I can tell you from
          Hyderabad.

          http://www.stride.cpnagro.com/

          Already one batch of students finished their course Jan end.

          Another will start soon.

          I am a lecturer in an Engineering college. I convinced 5 of 2nd year
          CSE students to join the course . I also attended the course along
          with one colleague.

          Most probably few more of my students will join in the next batch.

          The students have been given FC3 or FC1 Cds and their enjoying linux
          nowadays.

          One small ERP project is also being initiated by a group of people and
          the students are part of it.

          Hope this information was useful.

          Herald D'Sa.
        • Aji Issac
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 6, 2005
            Raj Real Good thoughts, when I was doing my MCA last year , truly PHP was alien word for me, IMO no MCA colleges teach PHP, I too feel that PHP is worth to be there in Web Related Educational Systems, the reasons are many , few of my best are

            1) I really understood why not to "re-invent the wheels", I just get the code and customize it and codes are real cool quality, it gives enough space to be entrepreneur, I handle my personal website and is used for common cause and is without any profit, php helps me do things faster and without expenses.

            2) OOPs concept , I try to do things these days the OOPs way, like using the Pear Classes, DB tables and most of the good open sources are going OOPs way.

            3) I am Lovin it

            If I can be of some use , just let me know

            Aji Issac

            ~Sameer~ <sa_kelkar@...> wrote:
            hi Raj Dsouza

            u'r idea is great. if there is seminar etc. is good
            for PHP & us.
            about education. u can send us the input & new
            development's ( i.e. come on this group). so we can
            learn & can share with others

            regards
            sameer

            =====
            Hati Ghyal Te Tadis Nya

          • Nirav Mehta
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 6, 2005
              Hi,

              > u'r idea is great. if there is seminar etc. is good
              > for PHP & us.

              Yes. I will mostly be taking a "basics" PHP5 workshop at Gnunify Pune on
              14th Feb. I believe Gnunify is open to all.

              We are also planning to do a little advanced PHP5 workshop as part of
              the PHP Meetup group of Mumbai. There will be some small fee, but you
              would get to hear some of the best PHP talent in Mumbai.

              Anybody interested, can contact me offlist. Any general suggestions, can
              be posted here!

              :Nirav
            • kadapa rajashekhar
              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 6, 2005
                Hi frnds this is nice idea i am rajasekhar from hyd doing some work ,making people come to know and learn .I am teaching to my frnds who wants it as career .If any one from hyd can join hands with me (i will join with u).we will reach the stars one day ._PHP will be the top technology soon.

                Raj Dsouza <raj_wil@...> wrote:Hi

                I see no institutes teaching PHP anywhere in india. 2 years back when I heard the word PHP it was something alien to me but one I came to know that its basically coded as c that is when I came to know about PHP.

                We all here should try and make it very visible to all the peple that there is something called PHP and the power it has got. I usually actually try and educate lot of people on who want to learn and are curious about it.

                There should be some seminars which should held (revenue shoul be a problem here but could get donations or sponsors).

                What say people........

                PS. Sachin you too should think about it as I know you are good.

                Thanks
                Raj Dsouza

                Read Posting Guidelines at
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/in-phpug/files/guidelines.html

              • Manish Jain
                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 6, 2005
                  Attn.: Mr. Raj D'souza,

                  I am happy to share with you and other members who have similar concern
                  that we are in process to start a technical institute offering specific
                  courses in PHP - LAMP technology by March end worst first week of April
                  initially in New Delhi followed by another center in Navi Mumbai.
                  Although I will definitely need a lot of guidance from the group on how
                  to go about organizing the course material and will obviously need
                  faculty members excelling in the same technology for quality teaching.

                  Regards,

                  Manish Kumar Jain
                  (Business Head)
                  +91 9820156561

                  Bean eArchitect Private Limited
                  Mumbai Office:
                  #11, 'F' type Market, Sector 3/4, Vashi,
                  Navi Mumbai 400 703, Maharashtra, India.
                  Tel.: (91) (22) 2782 1617 / Mobile: (91) 98201 56561

                  Regd. Add:
                  44, Bahubali Enclave, I. P. Ext-II, Vikas Marg,
                  New Delhi - 110092, India.
                  Tel: (91) (11) 2237 2290 / (91) (11) 2237 2296
                  Mobile: (91) 98111 55504

                  "The information in this message is confidential and may be legally
                  message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended
                  recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or
                  any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and
                  may be unlawful. Please immediately contact the sender if you have
                  received this message in error. Thank you. Bean eArchitect Private
                  Limited."

                • Vijay Vasant Barve
                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 6, 2005
                    Dear Friends,

                    Pune University has a cource called BSc Compter Science. This course
                    syllabus is mostly on Open Source Technologiers. They do teach PHP as
                    part of the third year syllabus and many other things too.

                    Regards,

                    Vijay
                  • Dr Tarique Sani
                    Message 9 of 16 , Feb 6, 2005
                      Raj Dsouza wrote:

                      >I see no institutes teaching PHP anywhere in india. 2 years back when I heard the word PHP it was something alien to me but one I came to know that its basically coded as c that is when I came to know about PHP.

                      Well you can imaging what it must have been when I started with PHP more
                      than 6 years ago.

                      >We all here should try and make it very visible to all the peple that there is something called PHP and the power it has got. I usually actually try and educate lot of people on who want to learn and are curious about it.

                      and I can tell you that even though there are no institutes teaching PHP
                      things have improved drastically in past 2 years - earlier it use to
                      take me at least 3 months before I could put a trainee programmer on to
                      a commercial project now that time has reduced to 2 to 3 weeks

                      >There should be some seminars which should held (revenue shoul be a problem here but could get donations or sponsors).

                      We take free PHP classes in Nagpur when ever there are people enough who
                      pass the basic written test.

                      I have been toying about with an idea of a PHP program for
                      beginner/intermediate PHP programmers called PHP8to8 - this will be
                      typically held on a Sunday will last for 12 hours (of course with 2
                      breaks for Coffee and a lunch)

                      Message 10 of 16 , Feb 7, 2005
                        Hi

                        Very impressive and encouraging response. I think we
                        all agree here that we need to have some network and
                        logistics by which we can contribute to PHP
                        development here in India.

                        In fact we started www.php-india.net, only with this
                        objective and we are still following our vision, �An
                        endeavor to cheer PHP in India�. We do get very good
                        popularity, traffic and of course ranking in search
                        engine.

                        However, still I feel that this is very small
                        initiative; we all PHP lovers in this group should
                        think to take this 'beyond online'.

                        We can surely create some framework for off line PHP
                        educations, I found, everyone is keen to help and is
                        doing best contribution for this individually. If we
                        can combine all the efforts to single objective and
                        vision, this can really make difference.

                        As far as I can think, we can achieve this by couple
                        of ways like

                        Creating group which can contribute to PHP education

                        Creating printing materials that can be freely (or at
                        minimal cost) distribute to educational institutes

                        Arranging seminars to train the trainers and of course
                        beginners (We have experienced people here like Dr.
                        Tarique. Am I right doctor?)

                        There could be some financial issues that need to
                        tackle, but I think we can surely try to get sponsors
                        and advertisers for this in local or international
                        market.

                        Of course, this is just an idea from my side, I know
                        this would require lots of planning and brain storming
                        but what I always feel is, �It always better to get
                        fail then just having good idea�

                        Chirag

                        --- Dr Tarique Sani <tarique@...> wrote:

                        > Raj Dsouza wrote:
                        >
                        > >I see no institutes teaching PHP anywhere in india.
                        > 2 years back when I heard the word PHP it was
                        > something alien to me but one I came to know that
                        > its basically coded as c that is when I came to know
                        > about PHP.
                        > >

                        > Well you can imaging what it must have been when I
                        > started with PHP more
                        > than 6 years ago.
                        >
                        > >We all here should try and make it very visible to
                        > all the peple that there is something called PHP and
                        > the power it has got. I usually actually try and
                        > educate lot of people on who want to learn and are
                        > curious about it.
                        > >

                        > and I can tell you that even though there are no
                        > institutes teaching PHP
                        > things have improved drastically in past 2 years -
                        > earlier it use to
                        > take me at least 3 months before I could put a
                        > trainee programmer on to
                        > a commercial project now that time has reduced to 2
                        > to 3 weeks
                        >
                        > >There should be some seminars which should held
                        > (revenue shoul be a problem here but could get
                        > donations or sponsors).
                        > >

                        > We take free PHP classes in Nagpur when ever there
                        > are people enough who
                        > pass the basic written test.
                        >
                        > I have been toying about with an idea of a PHP
                        > program for
                        > beginner/intermediate PHP programmers called PHP8to8
                        > - this will be
                        > typically held on a Sunday will last for 12 hours
                        > (of course with 2
                        > breaks for Coffee and a lunch)
                        >
                        > Tarique
                        >
                        > --

                        =====
                        Webmaster
                        www.php-india.net
                        An endeavor to cheer PHP in India

                        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                      • Dr Tarique Sani
                        Message 11 of 16 , Feb 7, 2005
                          webmaster@... wrote:

                          >Creating printing materials that can be freely (or at
                          >minimal cost) distribute to educational institutes

                          We need to convince some publisher to come up with an Indian edition of
                          Zend Certification Guide and then perhaps try to get Zend to lower the
                          fees for Asian countries

                          Alternatively we can come up with our own course materials

                          Message 12 of 16 , Feb 7, 2005
                            Yes we can do that, even i can try for that, i do have
                            some contacts for that but still it would be better if
                            we can create our own

                            --- Dr Tarique Sani <tarique@...> wrote:

                            > webmaster@... wrote:
                            >
                            > >Creating printing materials that can be freely (or
                            > at
                            > >minimal cost) distribute to educational institutes
                            > >

                            > We need to convince some publisher to come up with
                            > an Indian edition of
                            > Zend Certification Guide and then perhaps try to get
                            > Zend to lower the
                            > fees for Asian countries
                            >
                            > Alternatively we can come up with our own course
                            > materials
                            >
                            > Tarique
                            >
                            > --

                            =====
                            Webmaster
                            www.php-india.net
                            An endeavor to cheer PHP in India

                            The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
                            http://my.yahoo.com
                          • Dr Tarique Sani
                            Message 13 of 16 , Feb 7, 2005
                              webmaster@... wrote:

                              >Yes we can do that, even i can try for that, i do have
                              >some contacts for that but still it would be better if
                              >we can create our own

                              Certification is no good if it is not accredited (I never plan to become
                              Zend certified for the record :) )

                              If you want just another bunch of tutorials then <shrug>

                              Cheers

                              Message 14 of 16 , Feb 7, 2005
                                Yes right, i also dont agree on Certification, it is
                                business, i think what we are talking is 'Service'
                                We can surely collect, design or prepare tutorials and
                                can frame it like a 'course' on PHP. We can surely get
                                International contributor for this, as well.

                                --- Dr Tarique Sani <tarique@...> wrote:

                                > webmaster@... wrote:
                                >
                                > >Yes we can do that, even i can try for that, i do
                                > have
                                > >some contacts for that but still it would be better
                                > if
                                > >we can create our own
                                > >

                                > Certification is no good if it is not accredited (I
                                > never plan to become
                                > Zend certified for the record :) )
                                >
                                > If you want just another bunch of tutorials then
                                > <shrug>
                                >
                                > Cheers
                                > Tarique
                                >

                                > --

                                =====
                                Webmaster
                                www.php-india.net

                                Message 15 of 16 , Feb 7, 2005
                                  webmaster@... wrote:

                                  >Yes right, i also dont agree on Certification, it is
                                  >business, i think what we are talking is 'Service'

                                  I guess you missed the point - anyway keep up the good work

                                • Manish Jain
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Feb 7, 2005
                                    Hello,

                                    Isn't Zend certification a accredited certification?