Hanging problem

  • Tech
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 25, 2005
      Hello Everybody,

      We are implementing an ecommerce site on linux (PHP-MySQL) where one can choose a recipient and send money.

      There seems to be a problem from the client's end (also from other website customers as reported by our client).

      The form hangs on submit. There doesn't seem to be an activity that goes beyond that. But, if the user closes the window and opens again one is able to proceed further!

      We are not able to simulate this issue on any of our machines (Windows 98/2000/XP). The client is testing this on Windows XP. Also, both ends the browser used is IE 6.0.

      Could you please help me out on why should something happen randomly? "Sometimes it hangs" is what the client says. Also, as a remedy the client advises his clients to close the browser and try again, which seems to be successful.

      I have attached the code - not sure if anyone decipher anything out of this, but it doesn't use any complicated techniques in PHP.

      Regards,
      AK

      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 4, 2005
        Hi all

        Recent issue of PHP magazine, features the one of the
        project developed by http://www.php-india.net/

        have a look at

        http://www.phparch.com/issue.php?mid=47

        regards

        Chirag

        =====
        Webmaster
        www.php-india.net
        An endeavor to cheer PHP in India

        http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
      • Dr Tarique Sani
        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 4, 2005
          webmaster@... wrote:

          >Hi all
          >
          >Recent issue of PHP magazine, features the one of the
          >project developed by http://www.php-india.net/

          In case anyone is confused, it is the article on SMARTY by Chirag which
          he is talking about :)

          Good work, Also get permission from Marco to redistribute that
          article at your website (if it is not the featured free article) so
          that more people can read it.

          Cheers
          Tarique