Re: Uploading Folders

  • cnu1120
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 2, 2005
      Hi AK,

      Your problem of Uploading the folder is not that much complex.
      You can upload the individual files of that folder onto web
      server.Then create a folder there and copy those files in to that
      folder.

      This solution iam giving as i had handled almost the same thing
      before.

      Try this and give the details if doesnt work.

      Thanks & regards
      cnu

      --- In in-phpug@yahoogroups.com, Tech <hr_tmspl@y...> wrote:

      > Thanks for the inputs Srini. I will try the CVS option on windows.
      Seems to be very practical. I will disturb you again if there are any
      doubts in that :)

      > Srini RamaKrishnan <sriniram@s...> wrote:
      >

      > (1) Run a CVS front-end on Windows ? The front end could check in
      the
      > contents of the local CVS folder periodically.
      >
      > (2) Running some form of rsync on Windows should help too cygwin>.
      Windows and Linux don't use the same form of file permissions, so
      > it'll be pretty difficult to try to set anything other than rw-r--r-
      - (644)
      > on the server. But you can securely SSH (which is good).
      >
      > (3) I'd also recommend checking out various FTP clients - some of
      them are
      > scriptable and can be told to upload only newer files.
      >
      > (4) You may also want to check out MSH (Microsoft Shell). Or if you
      can get
      > the Linux machine to run Samba and attach itself as a remote drive -
      you can
      > use a BAT file running xcopy with flags to copy only newer files.
      >
      > (5) Windows 98 introduced "web folders" - which is really a WebDAV
      client.
      > WebDAV should be a reasonable option to consider as well if your
      server is
      > WebDAV capable. You can also secure the channel with HTTPS.
      >
      > And of course all of this isn't related to PHP, so for fear of
      drifting too
      > far from the charter of the list, I'll finish here.
      >
      > Srini
      >

      > On Friday, December 24, 2004 5:57 PM, Tech wrote:
      >
      > > Hi all,
      > >
      > > We have a problem:
      > >
      > > The client wants a document management system done that can be
      accessed
      > > over the net through an existing intranet application and the
      data hovers
      > > around 50-60 GB. So, he wants a one-time upload on the linux web
      server
      > > and wants the subsequent uploads to happen "incrementally". In
      other
      > > words, based on the previous upload date/time stamp, pick all
      files from
      > > a local machine that has all the necessary files and upload only
      those
      > > files onto the server.
      > >
      > > Now, the constraint is that local machines run on windows. Can you
      > > suggest any utility that can do this process of
      automatic "incremental"
      > > upload from a local windows machine to a linux server?
      > >
      > > Will be very useful, if any other suggestion is given.
      > >
      > > TIA.
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > > AK
      > >

      > > Raj Dsouza wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi
      > > Uploading the folder should be possible. I have not tried it yet.
      Can you
      > > try using the ftp functions.
      > >
      > > Raj D'souza
      > >
      > > aadityamooley wrote:
      > >

      > > Hi,
      > > it is not possible to uplaod the folder directly to the server. U
      will
      > > have to upload the zip file and then unzip the contents if the
      server
      > > permits the operation.
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > > Aditya
      > >
      > > --- In in-phpug@yahoogroups.com, Tech
      > ---------------------------------
      > wrote:
      > >>

      > >> Hi All,
      > >>
      > >> Can anyone help me out in locating a script to upload folders
      (not
      > > only files) and set permissions at folder-level?
      > >>
      > >> Regards,
      > >>
      > >> AK
      > >>

      > Read Posting Guidelines at
      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/in-phpug/files/guidelines.html
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Tech
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 25, 2005
        Hello Everybody,

        We are implementing an ecommerce site on linux (PHP-MySQL) where one can choose a recipient and send money.

        There seems to be a problem from the client's end (also from other website customers as reported by our client).

        The form hangs on submit. There doesn't seem to be an activity that goes beyond that. But, if the user closes the window and opens again one is able to proceed further!

        We are not able to simulate this issue on any of our machines (Windows 98/2000/XP). The client is testing this on Windows XP. Also, both ends the browser used is IE 6.0.

        Could you please help me out on why should something happen randomly? "Sometimes it hangs" is what the client says. Also, as a remedy the client advises his clients to close the browser and try again, which seems to be successful.

        I have attached the code - not sure if anyone decipher anything out of this, but it doesn't use any complicated techniques in PHP.

        Regards,
        AK

        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 4, 2005
          Hi all

          Recent issue of PHP magazine, features the one of the
          project developed by http://www.php-india.net/

          have a look at

          http://www.phparch.com/issue.php?mid=47

          regards

          Chirag

          =====
          Webmaster
          www.php-india.net
          An endeavor to cheer PHP in India

          http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
        • Dr Tarique Sani
          Message 4 of 20 , Feb 4, 2005
            webmaster@... wrote:

            >Hi all
            >
            >Recent issue of PHP magazine, features the one of the
            >project developed by http://www.php-india.net/

            In case anyone is confused, it is the article on SMARTY by Chirag which
            he is talking about :)

            Good work, Also get permission from Marco to redistribute that
            article at your website (if it is not the featured free article) so
            that more people can read it.

            Cheers
            Tarique