Re: [in-phpug] Re: Uploading Folders

  • Tech
    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 28, 2004
      Thanks for the inputs Srini. I will try the CVS option on windows. Seems to be very practical. I will disturb you again if there are any doubts in that :)

      Srini RamaKrishnan <sriniram@...> wrote:

      (1) Run a CVS front-end on Windows ? The front end could check in the
      contents of the local CVS folder periodically.

      (2) Running some form of rsync on Windows should help too cygwin>. Windows and Linux don't use the same form of file permissions, so
      it'll be pretty difficult to try to set anything other than rw-r--r-- (644)
      on the server. But you can securely SSH (which is good).

      (3) I'd also recommend checking out various FTP clients - some of them are
      scriptable and can be told to upload only newer files.

      (4) You may also want to check out MSH (Microsoft Shell). Or if you can get
      the Linux machine to run Samba and attach itself as a remote drive - you can
      use a BAT file running xcopy with flags to copy only newer files.

      (5) Windows 98 introduced "web folders" - which is really a WebDAV client.
      WebDAV should be a reasonable option to consider as well if your server is
      WebDAV capable. You can also secure the channel with HTTPS.

      And of course all of this isn't related to PHP, so for fear of drifting too
      far from the charter of the list, I'll finish here.

      Srini

      ---------------------------------
      wrote:

      >> Hi All,
      >>
      >> Can anyone help me out in locating a script to upload folders (not
      > only files) and set permissions at folder-level?
      >>
      >> Regards,
      >>
      >> AK

      Read Posting Guidelines at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/in-phpug/files/guidelines.html
      Yahoo! Groups Links

    • cnu1120
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 2, 2005
        Hi AK,

        Your problem of Uploading the folder is not that much complex.
        You can upload the individual files of that folder onto web
        server.Then create a folder there and copy those files in to that
        folder.

        This solution iam giving as i had handled almost the same thing
        before.

        Try this and give the details if doesnt work.

        Thanks & regards
        cnu

        --- In in-phpug@yahoogroups.com, Tech <hr_tmspl@y...> wrote:

> [...]
        > > Uploading the folder should be possible. I have not tried it yet.
        Can you
        > > try using the ftp functions.
        > >
        > > Raj D'souza
        > >
        > > aadityamooley wrote:
        > >

        > > Hi,
        > > it is not possible to uplaod the folder directly to the server. U
        will
        > > have to upload the zip file and then unzip the contents if the
        server
        > > permits the operation.
        > >
        > > Regards,
        > > Aditya
        > >
        > > --- In in-phpug@yahoogroups.com, Tech
        > ---------------------------------
        > wrote:
        > >>

        > >> Hi All,
        > >>
        > >> Can anyone help me out in locating a script to upload folders
        (not
        > > only files) and set permissions at folder-level?

      • Tech
        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 25, 2005
          Hello Everybody,

          We are implementing an ecommerce site on linux (PHP-MySQL) where one can choose a recipient and send money.

          There seems to be a problem from the client's end (also from other website customers as reported by our client).

          The form hangs on submit. There doesn't seem to be an activity that goes beyond that. But, if the user closes the window and opens again one is able to proceed further!

          We are not able to simulate this issue on any of our machines (Windows 98/2000/XP). The client is testing this on Windows XP. Also, both ends the browser used is IE 6.0.

          Could you please help me out on why should something happen randomly? "Sometimes it hangs" is what the client says. Also, as a remedy the client advises his clients to close the browser and try again, which seems to be successful.

          I have attached the code - not sure if anyone decipher anything out of this, but it doesn't use any complicated techniques in PHP.

          Regards,
          AK

          Message 4 of 20 , Feb 4, 2005
            Hi all

            Recent issue of PHP magazine, features the one of the
            project developed by http://www.php-india.net/

            have a look at

            http://www.phparch.com/issue.php?mid=47

            regards

            Chirag

            =====
            Webmaster
            www.php-india.net
            An endeavor to cheer PHP in India

            http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
          • Dr Tarique Sani
            Message 5 of 20 , Feb 4, 2005
              webmaster@... wrote:

              >Hi all
              >
              >Recent issue of PHP magazine, features the one of the
              >project developed by http://www.php-india.net/

              In case anyone is confused, it is the article on SMARTY by Chirag which
              he is talking about :)

              Good work, Also get permission from Marco to redistribute that
              article at your website (if it is not the featured free article) so
              that more people can read it.

              Cheers
              Tarique