Problem in using mysql functions on linux

  • rakesh pant
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1 12:03 AM
      Hi

      I am having a problem in running php on linux. I haven't made any changes in the configuration and i have php, mysql and apache installed in Red hat linux 9 machine
      phpinfo() gives result but mysql_connect() gives fatal error. What may be the possible reason?
      What i have to do..?

      Thanks in advance

      Rakesh

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1 12:30 AM
        hi rakesh,

        u used mysql_connect('localhost','','') ?? or u
        gave some user id / password ?

        vivek

        --- rakesh pant <rakeshlbsimds01@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > I am having a problem in running php on linux. I
        > haven't made any changes in the configuration and i
        > have php, mysql and apache installed in Red hat
        > linux 9 machine
        > phpinfo() gives result but mysql_connect() gives
        > fatal error. What may be the possible reason?
        > What i have to do..?
        >
        > Thanks in advance
        >
        > Rakesh

        > removed]

        http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo
      • rakesh pant
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 1 2:09 AM
          No this is not the problem the problem is the error that is
          undefined function mysql_connect() in /path. Basically it is n ot identifying the mysql_connect() function. Do i have to make any configuration changes some where to use the mysql functions. I was working on Windows It was working fine now i have shifted my project to Linux -9. It is a fresh machine and i have not made any changes to the default configurations of apache and php but i am not able to connect to the database through php script..

          vishwa vivek <vishwavivekgarg@...> wrote:

          hi rakesh,

          u used mysql_connect('localhost','','') ?? or u
          gave some user id / password ?

          vivek

          --- rakesh pant <rakeshlbsimds01@...> wrote:

          > Hi
          >
          > I am having a problem in running php on linux. I
          > haven't made any changes in the configuration and i
          > have php, mysql and apache installed in Red hat
          > linux 9 machine
          > phpinfo() gives result but mysql_connect() gives
          > fatal error. What may be the possible reason?
          > What i have to do..?
          >
          > Thanks in advance
          >
          > Rakesh

          > removed]

          http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo

          Read Posting Guidelines at
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/in-phpug/files/guidelines.html

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          Get unlimited calls to

          U.S./Canada

        • vishwa vivek
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 1 2:56 AM
            hi rakesh,

            i am not expert with configuration of linux. what i
            can suggest u is that install XAMPP for Linux. It will
            automatically install PHP,MySQL,Apache and it will
            configure all these automatically. in linux, mysql and
            php do not communicate properly if they r installed as
            default option while installing linux os (i read this
            somewhere). so, try XAMPP, it will take care of all.

            hope this helps,

            vivek

            --- rakesh pant <rakeshlbsimds01@...> wrote:

            > No this is not the problem the problem is the error
            > that is
            > undefined function mysql_connect() in /path.
            > Basically it is n ot identifying the mysql_connect()
            > function. Do i have to make any configuration
            > changes some where to use the mysql functions. I was
            > working on Windows It was working fine now i have
            > shifted my project to Linux -9. It is a fresh
            > machine and i have not made any changes to the
            > default configurations of apache and php but i am
            > not able to connect to the database through php
            > script..
            >
            > vishwa vivek <vishwavivekgarg@...> wrote:
            >
            > hi rakesh,
            >
            > u used mysql_connect('localhost','','') ?? or u
            > gave some user id / password ?
            >
            > vivek
            >
            > --- rakesh pant <rakeshlbsimds01@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Hi
            > >
            > > I am having a problem in running php on linux. I
            > > haven't made any changes in the configuration and
            > > have php, mysql and apache installed in Red hat
            > > linux 9 machine
            > > phpinfo() gives result but mysql_connect() gives
            > > fatal error. What may be the possible reason?
            > > What i have to do..?
            > >
            > > Thanks in advance
            > >
            > > Rakesh

            > > removed]

            > Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Get it on your mobile
            > phone.
            > http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo
            >

            > Read Posting Guidelines at

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            > Get unlimited calls to
            >
            > U.S./Canada

            > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

            > removed]

            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
          • Kapil Karekar
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 1 3:32 AM
              Hi

              rakesh pant wrote:

              >Hi
              >
              >phpinfo() gives result but mysql_connect() gives fatal error.

              make sure that the mysql server is running

              if (!running)
              {
              /etc/init.d/mysqld start
              }

              ciao
              kapil

              --
              Kapil Karekar
              http://norrix.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 1 3:34 AM
                rakesh pant wrote:

                >No this is not the problem the problem is the error that is
                >undefined function mysql_connect() in /path. Basically it is n ot identifying the mysql_connect() function.

                You have not installed the php_mysql RPM (it is different from the php
                RPM) - install that and you will be fine

              • Carlos Torres
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 1 4:02 AM
                  It's posible that if you have reinstalled your sistem now you are using
                  PHP 5 which does not have mysql support in the standard installation but
                  you have to install it after.

                  I would try XAMPP for Linux and I would take a look at the default
                  values in "php.ini" after installation

                  Dr Tarique Sani wrote:

                  > rakesh pant wrote:
                  >
                  > >No this is not the problem the problem is the error that is
                  > >undefined function mysql_connect() in /path. Basically it is n ot
                  > identifying the mysql_connect() function.
                  > >
                  > You have not installed the php_mysql RPM (it is different from the php
                  > RPM) - install that and you will be fine
                  >

                  > Tarique
                  >
                  > --
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                  > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129rq1nml/M=281955.5530326.6602771.3001176/D=groups/S=1705006764:HM/EXP=1099395301/A=2343726/R=0/SIG=12ilthng0/*http://clk.atdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1099308901892481>
                  >

                  > Get unlimited calls to
                  >
                  > U.S./Canada
                  >
                  > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129rq1nml/M=281955.5530326.6602771.3001176/D=groups/S=1705006764:HM/EXP=1099395301/A=2343726/R=1/SIG=12ilthng0/*http://clk.atdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1099308901892481>

                • vishwa vivek
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 1 4:27 AM
                    xampp gives u php5 as well as 4 ... u can switch as
                    per ur requirement

                    vivek

                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 1 6:24 AM
                      Thanks Tarique it solved the problem

                      Regards
                      Rakesh

                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 2 1:20 AM
                        How to do wordwrap in PDF??? any idea . i try out with pdfstringwidth() it doesn't work perfectel.

                        regards

                        sameer