php windows install

  • Varun
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 6, 2004
      Hello,
      I have apache and mysql installed on windows 98 and up and running.
      I need to install php-4.3.4 and configure . I am not sure howto.

      Thanks

      Varun
    • Dr Tarique Sani
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 7, 2004
        Varun wrote:

        >Hello,
        > I have apache and mysql installed on windows 98 and up and running.
        >I need to install php-4.3.4 and configure . I am not sure howto.

        Start by reading the installation section in the Manual - then ask again
        with more details if you get stuck

        php site has a windows installed and there is also a combi installer
        pack of PHP+ Apache + MySQL available somewhere

        HTH

      • Vijay Vasant Barve
        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 7, 2004
          Dear Tarique,

          >php site has a windows installed and there is also a combi installer
          >pack of PHP+ Apache + MySQL available somewhere

          You are refeing to http://sourceforge.net/projects/phptriad/ ?

          Regards,

          Vijay

        • Jaskirat Singh
          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 7, 2004
            Hi,
            Sorry for cross posting for those who are subscribed to PHP-General
            list on php.net

            I have been coding PHP for 4 years. PHP and MySQL. Off late I have been
            asked by a number of programmers and students to teach PHP. I was just
            wondering how to go about a 1-2 week training course given that I have
            never taught a class. To begin with .. its going to be a free class but
            of people who are serious and know HTML well.

            I would like to have any tips from any one. Dr. Sani I believe you do
            classes like that already .. do send me any tips you have :)

            Jas
          • Dr Tarique Sani
            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 7, 2004
              Jaskirat Singh wrote:

              >I would like to have any tips from any one. Dr. Sani I believe you do
              >classes like that already .. do send me any tips you have :)

              I take freshers who know good HTML and have a basic knowledge of atleast
              one programming language, I had posted about this in the past but here
              is a very rough chronology again.

              Introduction to PHP and why use php

              Get going with PHP - Hello World, control structures, classes and array
              + string functions

              Connecting to MySQL using native functions then via your favourite
              abstraction layer, we still use PHPlib, but perhaps PEAR db or ADODB
              would be better

              Using Session, Authentication libraries(PEAR auth?), Form Libraries
              (HTML_quickforms?)

              Working with templating system - SMARTY

              This takes about 10 sessions of 45 to 60 mins each (each with 20min
              instructions and rest hands-on)

              People with more experience of programming can cover this in as less as
              3-4 sessions OR like I do if candidates are right in one single Sunday
              afternoon

              HTH

            • Jaskirat Singh
              Message 6 of 20 , Jul 7, 2004
                Thanks for such a detailed and superfast response :)
                Jas

                Message 7 of 20 , Nov 29, 2004
                  Hi All,

                  Can anyone help me out in locating a script to upload folders (not only files) and set permissions at folder-level?

                  Regards,

                  AK

                • Boby George
                  Message 8 of 20 , Dec 2, 2004
                    Better create a folder ussing the following code and
                    set permission...
                    if(mkdir("./foldername",0777)){
                    chmod("./foldername",0777);
                    echo("Success");
                    }else {
                    echo("Failed");
                    }

                    --- Tech <hr_tmspl@...> wrote:

                    > Hi All,
                    >
                    > Can anyone help me out in locating a script to
                    > upload folders (not only files) and set permissions
                    > at folder-level?
                    >
                    > Regards,
                    >
                    > AK

                    > removed]

                    http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo
                  • aadityamooley
                    Message 9 of 20 , Dec 2, 2004
                      Hi,
                      it is not possible to uplaod the folder directly to the server. U will
                      have to upload the zip file and then unzip the contents if the server
                      permits the operation.

                      Regards,
                      Aditya

                      --- In in-phpug@yahoogroups.com, Tech <hr_tmspl@y...> wrote:

                      > Hi All,
                      >
                      > Can anyone help me out in locating a script to upload folders (not
                      only files) and set permissions at folder-level?

                      > Regards,
                      >
                      > AK

                    • Tech
                      Message 10 of 20 , Dec 3, 2004
                        Thanks Aaditya. It's really a helpful and practical advice.

                        Is there a way we can zip a folder structure through the script and unzip it on the server, assuming that the server allows such an operation?

                        Thanks once again.

                        aadityamooley <aadityamooley@...> wrote:

                        Hi,
                        it is not possible to uplaod the folder directly to the server. U will
                        have to upload the zip file and then unzip the contents if the server
                        permits the operation.

                        Regards,
                        Aditya

                        --- In in-phpug@yahoogroups.com, Tech <hr_tmspl@y...> wrote:

                        > Hi All,
                        >
                        > Can anyone help me out in locating a script to upload folders (not
                        only files) and set permissions at folder-level?

                        > Regards,
                        >
                        > AK

                        Read Posting Guidelines at
                        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/in-phpug/files/guidelines.html

                        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                      • Raj Dsouza
                        Message 11 of 20 , Dec 4, 2004
                          Hi
                          Uploading the folder should be possible. I have not tried it yet. Can you try using the ftp functions.

                          Raj D'souza

                          Message 12 of 20 , Dec 5, 2004
                            Hello Raj,

                            Even through FTP one cannot upload the folder directly. First u have
                            to create the folder using a mkdir command and then upload the files.

                            Regards,
                            Aditya

                            Message 13 of 20 , Dec 5, 2004
                              Hi,
                              Go to in.php.net/ref.exec and read the note given by:
                              k dot mitz dot NO_SPAM at att dot NO_SPAM dot net

                              Message 14 of 20 , Dec 24, 2004
                                Hi all,

                                We have a problem:

                                The client wants a document management system done that can be accessed over the net through an existing intranet application and the data hovers around 50-60 GB. So, he wants a one-time upload on the linux web server and wants the subsequent uploads to happen "incrementally". In other words, based on the previous upload date/time stamp, pick all files from a local machine that has all the necessary files and upload only those files onto the server.

                                Now, the constraint is that local machines run on windows. Can you suggest any utility that can do this process of automatic "incremental" upload from a local windows machine to a linux server?

                                Will be very useful, if any other suggestion is given.

                                TIA.

                                Regards,
                                AK

                                Raj Dsouza <raj_wil@...> wrote:

                                Hi
                                Uploading the folder should be possible. I have not tried it yet. Can you try using the ftp functions.

                                Raj D'souza

                                aadityamooley <aadityamooley@...> wrote:

                                Hi,
                                it is not possible to uplaod the folder directly to the server. U will
                                have to upload the zip file and then unzip the contents if the server
                                permits the operation.

                                Regards,
                                Aditya

                                --- In in-phpug@yahoogroups.com, Tech <hr_tmspl@y...> wrote:

                                > Hi All,
                                >
                                > Can anyone help me out in locating a script to upload folders (not
                                only files) and set permissions at folder-level?

                                > Regards,
                                >
                                > AK

                                Read Posting Guidelines at
                                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/in-phpug/files/guidelines.html

                                Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                                Read Posting Guidelines at
                                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/in-phpug/files/guidelines.html

                                Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                              • Srini RamaKrishnan
                                Message 15 of 20 , Dec 24, 2004
                                  (1) Run a CVS front-end on Windows ? The front end could check in the
                                  contents of the local CVS folder periodically.

                                  (2) Running some form of rsync on Windows should help too <see rsync on
                                  cygwin>. Windows and Linux don't use the same form of file permissions, so
                                  it'll be pretty difficult to try to set anything other than rw-r--r-- (644)
                                  on the server. But you can securely SSH (which is good).

                                  (3) I'd also recommend checking out various FTP clients - some of them are
                                  scriptable and can be told to upload only newer files.

                                  (4) You may also want to check out MSH (Microsoft Shell). Or if you can get
                                  the Linux machine to run Samba and attach itself as a remote drive - you can
                                  use a BAT file running xcopy with flags to copy only newer files.

                                  (5) Windows 98 introduced "web folders" - which is really a WebDAV client.
                                  WebDAV should be a reasonable option to consider as well if your server is
                                  WebDAV capable. You can also secure the channel with HTTPS.

                                  And of course all of this isn't related to PHP, so for fear of drifting too
                                  far from the charter of the list, I'll finish here.

                                  Srini

                                  On Friday, December 24, 2004 5:57 PM, Tech wrote:

                                  > Hi all,
                                  >
                                  > We have a problem:
                                  >
                                  > The client wants a document management system done that can be accessed
                                  > over the net through an existing intranet application and the data hovers
                                  > around 50-60 GB. So, he wants a one-time upload on the linux web server
                                  > and wants the subsequent uploads to happen "incrementally". In other
                                  > words, based on the previous upload date/time stamp, pick all files from
                                  > a local machine that has all the necessary files and upload only those
                                  > files onto the server.
                                  >
                                  > Now, the constraint is that local machines run on windows. Can you
                                  > suggest any utility that can do this process of automatic "incremental"
                                  > upload from a local windows machine to a linux server?
                                  >
                                  > Will be very useful, if any other suggestion is given.
                                  >
                                  > TIA.
                                  >
                                  > Regards,
                                  > AK
                                  >

                                  > Raj Dsouza <raj_wil@...> wrote:
                                  >
                                  > Hi
                                  > Uploading the folder should be possible. I have not tried it yet. Can you
                                  > try using the ftp functions.
                                  >
                                  > Raj D'souza
                                  >
                                  > aadityamooley <aadityamooley@...> wrote:
                                  >

                                  > Hi,
                                  > it is not possible to uplaod the folder directly to the server. U will
                                  > have to upload the zip file and then unzip the contents if the server
                                  > permits the operation.
                                  >
                                  > Regards,
                                  > Aditya
                                  >
                                  > --- In in-phpug@yahoogroups.com, Tech <hr_tmspl@y...> wrote:
                                  >>

                                  >> Hi All,
                                  >>
                                  >> Can anyone help me out in locating a script to upload folders (not
                                  > only files) and set permissions at folder-level?
                                  >>
                                  >> Regards,
                                  >>
                                  >> AK

                                • Tech
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Dec 28, 2004
                                    Thanks for the inputs Srini. I will try the CVS option on windows. Seems to be very practical. I will disturb you again if there are any doubts in that :)

                                    Srini RamaKrishnan <sriniram@...> wrote:

                                    (1) Run a CVS front-end on Windows ? The front end could check in the
                                    contents of the local CVS folder periodically.

                                    (2) Running some form of rsync on Windows should help too cygwin>. Windows and Linux don't use the same form of file permissions, so

                                    ---------------------------------
                                    wrote:

                                    >> Hi All,
                                    >>
                                    >> Can anyone help me out in locating a script to upload folders (not
                                    > only files) and set permissions at folder-level?
                                    >>
                                    >> Regards,
                                    >>
                                    >> AK

                                    Read Posting Guidelines at
                                    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/in-phpug/files/guidelines.html
                                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                                  • cnu1120
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Jan 2, 2005
                                      Hi AK,

                                      Your problem of Uploading the folder is not that much complex.
                                      You can upload the individual files of that folder onto web
                                      server.Then create a folder there and copy those files in to that
                                      folder.

                                      This solution iam giving as i had handled almost the same thing
                                      before.

                                      Try this and give the details if doesnt work.

                                      Thanks & regards
                                      cnu

                                    • Tech
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Jan 25, 2005
                                        Hello Everybody,

                                        We are implementing an ecommerce site on linux (PHP-MySQL) where one can choose a recipient and send money.

                                        There seems to be a problem from the client's end (also from other website customers as reported by our client).

                                        The form hangs on submit. There doesn't seem to be an activity that goes beyond that. But, if the user closes the window and opens again one is able to proceed further!

                                        We are not able to simulate this issue on any of our machines (Windows 98/2000/XP). The client is testing this on Windows XP. Also, both ends the browser used is IE 6.0.

                                        Could you please help me out on why should something happen randomly? "Sometimes it hangs" is what the client says. Also, as a remedy the client advises his clients to close the browser and try again, which seems to be successful.

                                        I have attached the code - not sure if anyone decipher anything out of this, but it doesn't use any complicated techniques in PHP.

                                        Regards,
                                        AK

                                        Message 19 of 20 , Feb 4 9:45 PM
                                          Hi all

                                          Recent issue of PHP magazine, features the one of the
                                          project developed by http://www.php-india.net/

                                          have a look at

                                          http://www.phparch.com/issue.php?mid=47

                                          regards

                                          Chirag

                                          =====
                                          Webmaster
                                          www.php-india.net
                                          An endeavor to cheer PHP in India

                                          http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
                                        • Dr Tarique Sani
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Feb 4 10:05 PM
                                            webmaster@... wrote:

                                            >Hi all
                                            >
                                            >Recent issue of PHP magazine, features the one of the
                                            >project developed by http://www.php-india.net/

                                            In case anyone is confused, it is the article on SMARTY by Chirag which
                                            he is talking about :)

                                            Good work, Also get permission from Marco to redistribute that
                                            article at your website (if it is not the featured free article) so
                                            that more people can read it.

                                            Cheers
                                            Tarique