3259Re: [in-phpug] Base64 Encoding

  • Krishna Shasankar
    Oct 29, 2009
      Hi Murali,

      This is because of a crazy php feature, where it is tryng to parse the
      variable called *$rj9*

      The base64 encoded strings in your email decode as follows

      a2pzJClQMXJqOQ== ---> kjs$)P1$rj9
      a2FzJClQMQ== ---> kas$)P1
      a2FzJClQMSRyajk= ---> kas$)P1$rj9

      <?php
      $string_WithDoubleQuotes = "kas$)P1$rj9";
      echo base64_encode($string_WithDoubleQuotes);
      //a2FzJClQMQ==

      *$string_withSingleQuotes = 'kas$)P1$rj9';*
      *echo base64_encode($string_withSingleQuotes);*
      *//a2FzJClQMSRyajk=*
      ?>

      If you use double quotes to store, PHP with to parse any variables inside
      it, so PHPis thinking that $rj9 is available and needs to
      be substituted with its right value(null)
      If you use single quotes your issue can be resolved.

      Regards,
      Krishna Shasankar

      http://www.krishnashasankar.com | http://www.clickoffline.com