IMUG 8/18/2005: Adobe-Japan1-6 Character Collection NEW LOCATION!

  • James Turley
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2005
      The International Macintosh Users Group presents:

      The Adobe-Japan1-6 Character Collection

      Group: International Macintosh Users Group (IMUG)
      (A Forum for Multilingual / Multiscript Computing)
      Date: August 18, 2005, 7-9 p.m.
      Speaker: Ken Lunde, Ph.D. (Adobe Systems)
      Topic: The Adobe-Japan1-6 Character Collection
      Location: Adobe Systems (SEE NOTE BELOW)
      Admission: $4, free for IMUG members
      Contact: Roger Sherman, (650) 859-5981
      roger [dot] sherman [at] sri [dot] com

      PLEASE NOTE!!
      This month's meeting will be held at Adobe Systems in the West Tower,
      which is the building that is the closest to Highway 87, and at 345
      Park Avenue, San Jose 95110. Attendees should tell the parking
      attendant that they're Ken Lunde's guest, attending his IMUG talk,
      which means you won't need to pay $5 for parking. The receptionist is
      on the second floor.

      The Adobe-Japan1-6 character collection represents the sixth
      supplement to the Japanese glyph collection developed by Adobe
      Systems, which is used by every major Japanese type foundry. This
      glyph collection enumerates 23,058 glyphs, and supports all current
      JIS standards. Fascinating details of the development of its key
      supplements will be conveyed during this presentation.

      Ken Lunde is a Senior Computer Scientist in CJKV Type Development at
      Adobe Systems. He has worked for Adobe since 1991. He received a PhD
      degree from The University of Wisconsin - Madison in 1994, and has
      authored two books for O'Reilly, "Understanding Japanese Information
      Processing" in 1993, and "CJKV Information Processing" in 1999.

      IMUG has its own site on the World Wide Web: http://www.imug.org.
      Check it out! It's currently not up-to-date, but we're working on
      fixing that.

      For a map of our meeting location go to:
      http://www.imug.org/events.html
      and click on the map link.

      We also post our meeting announcements and handouts at Yahoo! Groups:
      http://www.yahoogroups.com, under the group name "imugi18n"
      (IMUG-i-eighteen-n).