Re: Elevated Nk levels, new and need info please (+beta/prev pg mentd)

  • fingerscrossedxn
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2007
      Linda,

      Wishing you the best on your upcoming cycle!! Have you consulted
      with Dr.A before? He does free consultations. You should give him a
      shot, he's excellent.

      If and when you find out the half life for intralipids please let me
      know. I couldnt find it anywhere either.

      I think they like to see NK activities below 10%, so im slightly
      over. I hope with my last dose things will get back to "normal".

      Tons of good wishes.
      Emma

      --- In immunologysupport@yahoogroups.com, "Linda" <ponton@...> wrote:

      > Emma,
      >
      > 7.4 is 88% of 8.4 so you're getting better than a 1% suppression
      with
      > IVIg over Intralipids, but you're below that crucial 12% mark (or
      is
      > it 10% with DB? I get his and DZ's protocols confused!) so I
      wouldn't
      > worry too much. The one thing that I do not know is what the half
      > life for Intralipids is. For IVIg I believe it's about 21 or 22
      days.
      > So I just don't know if Intralipids will have a longer lasting
      effect
      > than IVIg. I have so many questions for Dr. Coulam...I think I'll
      > visit INCIID today and get a'postin'!
      >
      > That is awesome that Dr. Acacio is doing Intralipid infusions! I
      > should see if I could become a patient up here at the SIRM in our
      > area and get my infusions that way! :) I'm planning on loads of
      IVIg
      > and maybe LIT for my next cycle.
      >
      > We're going to Nova IVF in Palo Alto for our upcoming IVF. I don't
      > start stims until mid February...I'm just taking my BCPs right now.
      > Retrieval is scheduled for the week of March 4th. I'm still a ways
      > off.
      >
      > Linda
      >
      > --- In immunologysupport@yahoogroups.com, "fingerscrossedxn"
      > <fingerscrossedxn@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Linda,
      > > Based on the latest test results... my levels were 12.1 and with
      > IVIG
      > > it would go down to 7.4 and with Intralipids 8.4, my re hasnt
      said
      > > anything about switching to ivig though?!?
      > >
      > > I go to SIRM OC Dr.Acacio is my RE and i get the infusion right
      in
      > > his clinic. I've been paying 575 for each infusion. I called my
      > > ins. and gave them the 279.4 code for immune problems and they
      said
      > > it would be covered if given by a doc or hospital. I mentioned
      > Ivig
      > > and intralipids and they kept saying any infusion is covered...so
      > not
      > > sure when it comes down to it if it will be since its
      > experimental.
      > > Now i need to get my clinic to put in that code instead.
      Hopefully
      > > they will cooperate.
      > >
      > > I emailed my doc with a lot of questions..waiting on the reply.
      > > Which clinic do you go to? Where are you in your cycle?
      > >
      > > Emma
      > >
      > > --- In immunologysupport@yahoogroups.com, "Linda" <ponton@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Emma,
      > > >
      > > > What were your numbers for IVIg and Intralipids?
      > > >
      > > > Are you going all the way to Illinois for intralipid infusions?
      > > >
      > > > I signed up for the study, too. I had my consult with Dr.
      Coulam
      > > and
      > > > she ran the tests for me but I haven't gone back to Chicago for
      > > > infusions. I was kind of hoping to get them locally. :)
      > > >
      > > > What are your intralipid infusions costing you? It's so
      > > experimental
      > > > I know my insurance wouldn't pay for it.
      > > >
      > > > Linda
      > > >
      > > > --- In immunologysupport@yahoogroups.com, "fingerscrossedxn"

      > but
      > > > my
      > > her
      > about
      > > 1%
      > it
      > > the
      > although
      > > > they
      > end
      > > > of
      > > of
      > another
      > > > week

      > not

      > Rinehart
      > both
      > > > work
      > infusion?
      > > > (If
      > > > likely

      > > found
      > > > reducing
      > intralipids
      > > > over

      > > halflife...Jane
      > INCIID
      > normally

      It's
      > > good
      > > > tell

      > > substance
      > as
      > > that
      > > reduce
      > > > they

      "fingerscrossedxn"

      > heard
      > > so

      > the
      > > and
      > Intralipids

      > > be
      > > > 11
      > it

      > > > that
      > the
      > didnt

      > +beta,
      > > is

      > cells

      > > pgcy

      > > all

    • fingerscrossedxn
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2007
        Linda, I saw your post to Dr.Coulam about half life, if you scrol
        ldown the threads to "natural killer cell question" by mel27 she
        vaguely says the half life of intralipids is about 2-4weeks. Its all
        so confusing when nothing seems confirmed.

      • Linda
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 3, 2007
          Yes, we're getting different stories. She just told me that there's
          no data yet on the half life of it.
          http://www.inciid.org/cgi-brd/getmsg.pl/38/7343