Canker Sores / ulcers

  • mayausak
    Message 1 of 4 , May 6, 2012
      Hi all,

      I have a question for you. I have experienced canker sores (ulcers) in my mouth since I was a child. I always had them very frequently. When I started to find out about my immune issues, I wondered if my canker sores had any connection with that, since I already read that they could be related to an immune response from the body. I also noticed that during those pregancies I had that ended up in miscarriages, I had really bad ulcers and since I didn't want to use any medication to treat them (because of the pregnancy), they got pretty big and my mouth was incredibly sore. So I wonder if that could be related to my immune issues.

      I was wondering if you also have that experience with canker sores or ulcers in your mouth, especially during pregnancy ?

      The other reason I am asking that, is because I realize my daughter has canker sores constantly as well, and she is only 5 !!! (she has them since she was 3, I think). That gets me a bit concerned because I obvioulsy hope she doesn't have any of my immune issues in the future...

      Any thoughts ?

      Thanks a lot !
    • Manon (work)
      Message 2 of 4 , May 7, 2012
        Hi Mayaus

        I have them too every now and then!!
        I take Sulphur D4 (homeopatic remedy) which seems to work for me (less painfull, not so big mouth ulcers).
        Hope it works for you as well.

        Oh, and since I'm taking iron supllement for my depleted iron/ferritin status I do not get them as often !!
        Maybe have your status checked.

        Manon

        Op 7-5-2012 15:09, Louisa schreef:

        Hi Mayaus, I am really prone to getting mouth ulcers too, normally when i am a bit run down. I have had 4 consecutive miscarriages at various stages - 8-20 weeks and am sure i had ulcers in all of these pregnancies.  I have my first appointment with my results with a RI on weds so i am keen to know the results and his thoughts ..

        Sent from my iPad

[...]

      • Mayaus Ak
        Message 3 of 4 , May 9, 2012
          Hi Louisa,

          Yes, I have the same feeling that I had ulcers in my mouth during all those pregnancies I lost. I can't help but thinking that there is a conection between those and immune issues. Let me know what your RI says about that, if you bring that up...

          Good luck with your appointment and plans !

          Message 4 of 4 , May 9, 2012
            Thank you Manon ! So you think there is a relation between iron levels and ulcers on mouth ???

            I do fine with one of the creams I have here for ulcers, but the thing is that I usually don't want to use them during pregnancy, and that is when I am having the worst ulcers ever... There was one of them that was so bad that I even went to the gp to get it checked... I just wonder how are they related to an immune reaction during pregnancy.

            Hope you are doing well and less tired !!!