Re: My Beer tests are back /reuslts and treatment recomendation

  • Anna
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 18, 2012
      GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

      --- In immunologysupport@yahoogroups.com, "kate_pear" <kate_pear@...> wrote:

> [...]
      >
      > - Doctor did say in terms of general health that tests indicate a borderline autoimmune issue. But it is something un-diagnosable that a rheumatologist would not consider bad enough to treat.
      >
      > - In terms of pregnancy, he said the ability to become pregnant and carry to term without treatment is very low especially with Egg Donation as all the DNA in embryos is foreign. There would still be a low chance with Own Egg cycles but with Donor Egg, odds are even lower. But likely because of my age (42) and high FSH (ranging from 8 to 39 on day three last year) OE cycles although they face less immune issues are still problematic due to egg quality.
      >
      > - the elevated TNF and low T-Cell/B-Cell measurements means my body will likely not supress the immune system during pregnancy and tend to attack the embryo
      >
      > - the blood clotting mutations mean that embryos will have trouble implanting and even when an embryo implants, it will not implant deeply, which can lead to miscarriage.
      >
      > ----------------------treatment suggestion-----------------
      > LIT
      > An injection of white blood cells. Currently only done in Mexico. Procedure may be coming to Canada soon (don't know when...) Uses hubby's white blood cells to immunise me to lower NK-TNF
      > Do the procedure, wait 2 weeks and if TNF is not lowered enough, repeat the LIT procedure one more time. If this lowers TNF, then proceed with cycle.
      >
      > HUMIRA AND IVIg
      > If LIT does not lower TNF enough, then move on to a combination of Humira (injection) and IVIg transfusion (intravenous) which will lower TNF. Best timing is to do two doses of Humira two weeks apart and then transfer eight weeks after the last dose. Then do an IVIg transfusion a few a few days before transfer and possibly a few weeks or a month after transfer if TNF still measures too high after a positive pregnancy test.
      >
      > BABY ASPIRIN
      > Start on first day or cycle
      >
      > BLOOD THINNERS
      > Start Lovenox cycle day six …If you get pregnant, keep taking Lovenox for the next 13 weeks
      >
      > PREDNISONE
      > Start Medrol (a steroid, form of Prednisone) on cycle day six. If you get pregnant keep taking for the next 13 weeks.
      >
      > ------------likely outcome of treatment-------------------
      > Without treatment people with TNF as high as mine statistically get pregnant and carry to term 15% of time (I am not clear about how many cycles this indicates…maybe after trying for a year?)
      >
      > With treatment people who started out with as high as mine TNF statistically get pregnant and carry to term %80 percent of time (again I am not clear about how many tries this statistic includes)
      >
      > We have one to three more tries depending on how our Embryos unfreeze and grow or not grow ….. so not sure what this does to that 80% statistic if we decide to give treatments a try?

    • Maria Morell
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 19, 2012
        Great explanation!!!

        I have done one LIT, and will have a second next friday in Mexico. Question: Beer center believes that the TNFs will get lowered with LIT?? Awesome as mine are super high!

        Maria

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 19, 2012
          Wow, thanks for sharing, this is very informative! Wishing you the best as you prepare for your next cycle. :)

          moni

        • susan
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 23, 2012
            Maria, I am just getting around to reading older posts, and just saw yours. Did you already go for LIT? As far as TNFs, yes, LIT does lower it for me. In fact, it works the best for me - IVIG never did anything to lower this but LIT would bring it down immediately after the first dose to a level within range.

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 25, 2012
              Thank you Susan. I just arrived from Nogales with my second LIT. I am having my transfer on Saturday, 31st (hopefully a 5 day blast). I am seeing Dr. Kwak this Tuesday for my second round of tests so we will see if my TNF is lowered...mine is in the 50s!!!!