Re: Onward & Upward!

  • umkumiut00
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 29, 2004
      Bonjour!

      Merci Wes,Raj,Sindhjk & Max!

      My experience was no different than that of the folks who have got
      the CSQ after the interview in SIQ NY. The most important thing I
      found from my interview is that nothing works like being well
      prepared not only in terms of documents that they ask for but for the
      most part also in terms of important questions like 'why Quebec'
      or 'Why not USA' or 'Why francophone and not anglophone' . Know your
      future province, know your reasons and believe passionately as if you
      already live there and talk about it to the officer.

      Secondly, it is important to clearly prove your employability factor.
      Demonstrate clearly how your skills align with the labour needs the
      province is trying to satisfy. Equally important is to demonstrate
      your desire and motivation beyond a doubt since I was asked on it in
      some detail. The interview itself lasted for around an hour or so.
      Everyone will undergo the same format..introductions, french language
      check and questions. My interview was conducted in French and
      Anglais. For instance, I described my details, job functions,
      motivations etc in French. Some other aspects of the interview were
      in Anglais.

      In conclusion, all I can say again is that the officer will select
      you if you are very well prepared in all aspects. Have this sincere
      burning fire in your heart and it will show during the
      interview..that is what I believed in and that is what the great
      province of Quebec told me when they selected me by giving me their
      approval.

      I wish all the candidates good luck and to remain patient if you
      have not yet heard from the SIQ NY office.

      Rich
      --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Max Pilipis
      <maxpilipis@t...> wrote:
      > Hey Rich!
      >
      > Congratulations! When you have more time, it would be great to have
      > more details.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Max
      >
      > On Feb 27, 2004, at 8:50 PM, umkumiut00 wrote:
      >
      > > Salut!
      > >
      > > It gives me great joy to inform all my fellow members on this
      group
      > > that we have been welcomed and selected by the great province of
      > > Quebec subsequent to our interview today morning in NY. Oui! that
      > > means we have been blessed with the CSQ.
      > >
      > > I got back around an hour ago and am totally exhausted to write
      > > anything more at this time. I promise more details shortly.
      > >
      > > A bientot!
      > > Rich
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > > • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
      Terms of