Onward & Upward!

  • umkumiut00
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 27, 2004
      Salut!

      It gives me great joy to inform all my fellow members on this group
      that we have been welcomed and selected by the great province of
      Quebec subsequent to our interview today morning in NY. Oui! that
      means we have been blessed with the CSQ.

      I got back around an hour ago and am totally exhausted to write
      anything more at this time. I promise more details shortly.

      A bientot!
      Rich
    • Wesley Cannon

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 28, 2004
          bonjour Rick,

          I wish you all the best..

          a'bientot
          Raj
          --- Wesley Cannon <wncannon@...> wrote:
          > Hey Rich. Congratulations. What a way to end the
          > week! When you do finally post more, give us your
          > timeline. I looked for it in the database section,
          > but it wasn't there.
          >
          > Thanks.
          > Wes
          >
          > umkumiut00 <umkumiut00@...> wrote:
          > Salut!
          >
          > It gives me great joy to inform all my fellow
          > members on this group
          > that we have been welcomed and selected by the great
          > province of
          > Quebec subsequent to our interview today morning in
          > NY. Oui! that
          > means we have been blessed with the CSQ.
          >
          > I got back around an hour ago and am totally
          > exhausted to write
          > anything more at this time. I promise more details
          > shortly.
          >
          > A bientot!
          > Rich

          > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

          http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
        • sindhjk
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 28, 2004
            Salut umkumiut00,
            Je peux comprendre votre joie parce que J'etais dans le meme
            situation le Novembre 2003 quand J'ai obtenu le CSQ

            Felicitiations

            sindhjk

            --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "umkumiut00"
            <umkumiut00@y...> wrote:
            > Salut!
            >
            > It gives me great joy to inform all my fellow members on this group
            > that we have been welcomed and selected by the great province of
            > Quebec subsequent to our interview today morning in NY. Oui! that
            > means we have been blessed with the CSQ.
            >
            > I got back around an hour ago and am totally exhausted to write
            > anything more at this time. I promise more details shortly.
            >
            > A bientot!
            > Rich
          • umkumiut00
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 28, 2004
              Wes,

              The timeline is now added.

              Merci

              --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Wesley Cannon
              <wncannon@y...> wrote:
              > Hey Rich. Congratulations. What a way to end the week! When you
              do finally post more, give us your timeline. I looked for it in the
              database section, but it wasn't there.

              > Thanks.
              > Wes
              >
              > umkumiut00 <umkumiut00@y...> wrote:
              > Salut!
              >
              > It gives me great joy to inform all my fellow members on this group
              > that we have been welcomed and selected by the great province of
              > Quebec subsequent to our interview today morning in NY. Oui! that
              > means we have been blessed with the CSQ.
              >
              > I got back around an hour ago and am totally exhausted to write
              > anything more at this time. I promise more details shortly.
              >
              > A bientot!
              > Rich

              Service.

              > Get better spam protection with Yahoo! Mail
            • Max Pilipis
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 28, 2004
                Hey Rich!

                Congratulations! When you have more time, it would be great to have
                more details.

                Thanks,
                Max

                On Feb 27, 2004, at 8:50 PM, umkumiut00 wrote:

                > Salut!
                >
                > It gives me great joy to inform all my fellow members on this group
                > that we have been welcomed and selected by the great province of
                > Quebec subsequent to our interview today morning in NY. Oui! that
                > means we have been blessed with the CSQ.
                >
                > I got back around an hour ago and am totally exhausted to write
                > anything more at this time. I promise more details shortly.
                >
                > A bientot!
                > Rich
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                > Service.

              • umkumiut00
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 29, 2004
                  Bonjour!

                  Merci Wes,Raj,Sindhjk & Max!

                  My experience was no different than that of the folks who have got
                  the CSQ after the interview in SIQ NY. The most important thing I
                  found from my interview is that nothing works like being well
                  prepared not only in terms of documents that they ask for but for the
                  most part also in terms of important questions like 'why Quebec'
                  or 'Why not USA' or 'Why francophone and not anglophone' . Know your
                  future province, know your reasons and believe passionately as if you
                  already live there and talk about it to the officer.

                  Secondly, it is important to clearly prove your employability factor.
                  Demonstrate clearly how your skills align with the labour needs the
                  province is trying to satisfy. Equally important is to demonstrate
                  your desire and motivation beyond a doubt since I was asked on it in
                  some detail. The interview itself lasted for around an hour or so.
                  Everyone will undergo the same format..introductions, french language
                  check and questions. My interview was conducted in French and
                  Anglais. For instance, I described my details, job functions,
                  motivations etc in French. Some other aspects of the interview were
                  in Anglais.

                  In conclusion, all I can say again is that the officer will select
                  you if you are very well prepared in all aspects. Have this sincere
                  burning fire in your heart and it will show during the
                  interview..that is what I believed in and that is what the great
                  province of Quebec told me when they selected me by giving me their
                  approval.

                  I wish all the candidates good luck and to remain patient if you
                  have not yet heard from the SIQ NY office.

                  Rich
                  --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Max Pilipis
                  <maxpilipis@t...> wrote:
                  > Hey Rich!
                  >
                  > Congratulations! When you have more time, it would be great to have
                  > more details.
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  > Max
                  >
                  > On Feb 27, 2004, at 8:50 PM, umkumiut00 wrote:
                  >
                  > > Salut!
                  > >
                  > > It gives me great joy to inform all my fellow members on this
                  group
                  > > that we have been welcomed and selected by the great province of
                  > > Quebec subsequent to our interview today morning in NY. Oui! that
                  > > means we have been blessed with the CSQ.
                  > >
                  > > I got back around an hour ago and am totally exhausted to write
                  > > anything more at this time. I promise more details shortly.
                  > >
                  > > A bientot!
                  > > Rich
                  > >

                  > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  > > • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
                  Terms of