How's the Paris office?

  • James Chung
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 9, 2004
      Hi guys,

      Would anyone be applying through the Paris office?
      How's the timelines like? Slow or fast? I got my CSQ
      application materials from the Hongkong office last
      September but has delayed applying as I was relocating
      from Singapore to Mauritius. Now, I'll probably have
      to apply through the Paris office as I'm residing in
      Mauritius. Do you think I can still apply through the
      Hongkong office as I still have a mailing address in
      Singapore where I hold permanent residency status?

      Thanks for your advice guys.

      Cheers,
      James

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
    • Kay Aleksic
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 10, 2004
        You can apply either in the Embassy in charge of your home country (native
        country, where you are citizen) or your country of _legal_ residency.

        You should still check with the respective embassy, also they might send you
        to do the medical in Singapore, if you do it Mauritius, it might delay the
        processing.

        I'll be able to tell you more in this matter in about a weeks time as we are
        about to attempt a change of embassy too, although different ones.

        Kay

        > From: James Chung <chungosaurus@...>
        > Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 21:48:06 -0800 (PST)
        > To: immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [immigrationquebec] How's the Paris office?
        >
        > Hi guys,
        >
        > Would anyone be applying through the Paris office?
        > How's the timelines like? Slow or fast? I got my CSQ
        > application materials from the Hongkong office last
        > September but has delayed applying as I was relocating
        > from Singapore to Mauritius. Now, I'll probably have
        > to apply through the Paris office as I'm residing in
        > Mauritius. Do you think I can still apply through the
        > Hongkong office as I still have a mailing address in
        > Singapore where I hold permanent residency status?
        >
        > Thanks for your advice guys.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > James

      • TOLGA AKTAR
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 13, 2004
          Hi All,

           Its my turn to say "Got it".. My wife is issued her PR visa and we are leaving for Montreal from Ankara on 25th . Iwish all the best of patience..

          Tolga

          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 20, 2004
            Hi XX,

            Can you post your experience of the CSQ interview when you get a
            chance? If I am not mistaken, you had the interview on Feb 18 did
            you not?

            Merci

            --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, x x <kundalini73@y...>
            wrote:
            > Racism? Well I am a African American. I kind of expect racism here
            in America, but most of the time it's extremly suttle. I think it's
            safe to say that most african americans do not even talk about it
            unless it's extreme. for example recently in chicago there was a
            fire engine driver that made racist remarks over the radio. Black
            activist tore this guy apart. Me, I avoid conversation of race when
            I am at work. So much that it annoys my white counter parts. I
            remember that I was trying to get a position but I was passed up 2
            times by white co-workers. Even though I had the expirence and the
            education. My Jewish co-workers told me that he would play the race
            card if he was me. We both thought it was funny. I told he that I am
            the type of person that will not dwell on issues like that. I simply
            just move on and look for other oppertunities. Early in my carear I
            ended up working with a lot of White people who simply have never
            been around african americans for an extended period of
            > time. So this prepared me for corporate america. I often wonder
            if their is racism in montreal, It won't bother me or many other
            africans because we are ammune to it. However this is a problem if
            it is keeping people from getting into the country........ On
            another note, I did not feel as if there was any racism when I was
            down town in montreal. I may be wrong, but the people were just too
            friendly. As a matter of fact I ended up spending a lot of time with
            two white-french canadian girls who did not know each other.
            Eventually I had to dump one for the other because of time
            constraints, but I could have dated them both if I had enough
            time......................................... Does anyone know the
            propotion of people of African & Asian decent vs. People of European
            decent in montreal? For example African americans make up about 12
            to 13 percent of the US population.

            > ivsmphl <ivsmphl@y...> wrote:I agree, you can use statistics to
            prove everything. Just because
            > you have one case of a french person who waiting 6 months and a
            > tunisian who waiting 13 years (that really can't be right...)
            > doesn't mean that's how it is.
            >
            > The problem is actually that Quebec is only a province and it
            can't
            > afford to have offices everywhere. So it has immigration officers
            > travel from country to country interviewing people. So sometimes,
            > people need to wait a year or two until someone from quebec comes
            > around to interview them and issue their CSQ. At the same time, if
            > you are in a place where quebec does have an immigration office,
            you
            > get processed faster, just because of Quebec's limited resources,
            > and your lucky proximity to a Quebec delegation.
            >
            > Though I have to say Quebecers can be very subtle with their
            racism,
            > and you see it here all the time. Did anyone notice the picture in
            > the New York office on the wall with an asian girl and the
            > caption "Aux yeux amandes"?
            >
            > When it comes down to it, Quebecers are simple people and simple
            > people sometimes forget to be politically correct.
            >

            > --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Ravi Rao <mail@r...>
            wrote:
            > > * clairvoyant316 [Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 03:02:28AM -0000]:
            > >
            > > > [url]http://montreal.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/View?
            > filename=qc_discrimination20042901[/url]
            > >
            > > I'd take that with a bucket of salt. I've seen *tons* of
            > west/north
            > > african people at the MRCI/SIQ offices in Montreal, during each
            of
            > my four
            > > vists. And barely any white people, from france, or not. I'd say
            > 50% of the
            > > workforce is itself colored-skin.
            > >
            > > <quote>
            > > "Officials said the delays can be explained by the fact
            > there are
            > > many more people applying from Morocco than from France."
            > > </quote>
            > >
            > > I actually believe that ^^
            > >
            > > --ravi.
            > > --
            > > On vacation in Palo Alto, California, Feb 21-28, 2004 inclusive.

            Service.

            > Yahoo! Finance: Get your refund fast by filing online
          • James Chung
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 18, 2004
              Hi Kay,

              How was it with your change of embassy? Can you kindly
              share your experience if it's ok with you? I'm still
              hesitant because the Paris office apparently is very
              slow... correct me if that;s not the case.

              Thanks.
              James

              --- Kay Aleksic <kaleksic@...> wrote:
              > You can apply either in the Embassy in charge of
              > your home country (native
              > country, where you are citizen) or your country of
              > _legal_ residency.
              >
              > You should still check with the respective embassy,
              > also they might send you
              > to do the medical in Singapore, if you do it
              > Mauritius, it might delay the
              > processing.
              >
              > I'll be able to tell you more in this matter in
              > about a weeks time as we are
              > about to attempt a change of embassy too, although
              > different ones.
              >
              > Kay
              >

              > > From: James Chung <chungosaurus@...>
              > > Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 21:48:06 -0800 (PST)
              > > To: immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com
              > > Subject: [immigrationquebec] How's the Paris
              > office?
              > >
              > > Hi guys,
              > >
              > > Would anyone be applying through the Paris office?
              > > How's the timelines like? Slow or fast? I got my
              > CSQ
              > > application materials from the Hongkong office
              > last
              > > September but has delayed applying as I was
              > relocating
              > > from Singapore to Mauritius. Now, I'll probably
              > have
              > > to apply through the Paris office as I'm residing
              > in
              > > Mauritius. Do you think I can still apply through
              > the
              > > Hongkong office as I still have a mailing address
              > in
              > > Singapore where I hold permanent residency status?
              > >
              > > Thanks for your advice guys.
              > >
              > > Cheers,
              > > James

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Kay Aleksic
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 19, 2004
                James,

                Sorry, I haven't reported any news as there aren't any yet.

                Both my fiance and I have to renew our passports before we go on to the
                federal procedure. I will have some more information about it end of
                next week probably. In any case I will keep you posted.

                Regarding the Paris office, I heard from someone working in another
                canadian embassy that this office is legendary slow and if you have
                another choice it should be avoided.

                Kay

                kaleksic@...
                cell (809) 886-5643