Re: [Immigration Canada] Quebec- some questions

  • James Chung
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 28, 2003
      Hi Crayon,

      I got mine within 2 months. I don't think you should
      download the forms from the Internet as these I
      believe are supposed to be for students wishing to
      study in Canada. The forms they sent me had a
      reference no. on the top right corner, meaning they
      assigned a ref. no. to the application forms.

      Join us on immigrationQuebec@yahoogroups.com

      --- Crayon s <nohyst@...> wrote:
      > - I sent in my preliminary application for
      > immigration to Quebec some 4 months ago and I have
      > not received the application forms yet. The thing is
      > I am sure I will qualify but according to CIC info
      > it would take about 3 months to get the forms! Is it
      > possible that I download the application forms and
      > submit them and skip the preliminary application ?
      >
      > - Do I need to have my credentials assessed by
      > Canadian Council of Professional Engineers if I
      > intend to apply for Quebec?
      >
      > Thanks in advance for your time,

      > removed]

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • Crayon s
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 29, 2003
        Thanks for your reply James,

        I think I need to rephrase my question. The thing is at the time I was trying to send in my preliminary selection application, the office in charge of my territory (Damascus, Syria) had closed down their immigration operations due to Iraq invasion and stuff. I checked with Vienna Post and they informed me of an address in Montreal to send in my application directly. I did follow and also put the message given by CIQ Vienna in my postage. That goes back to over 4 months ago.  The thing is I did the initial assessment test on the immigration de quebec website and I qualfied, so the chances that my application is turned down are virtually zero. Any suggestions on what to do. Is it ormal to wait so long for the forms to come through. Would it be possible for me to apply to other posts which are quicker!

        Other question is if it is possible to skip with preliminary application, by downloading the application de selection from their website and just sending in the forms with the fees etc.!

        How long does it take on avergae from sending in Application for selection form until one gets CSQ and how long for the visa afterwards

        Best
        R.A.