After the interview ...

  • amithnikam
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 23, 2003
      Hi,

      My understanding is that after the approval (Selection Certificate),
      the application is to be forwarded to Buffalo, who then will inform
      me when to do fingerprinting and medicals.

      My question is, should I go ahead and get the finger printing done in
      advance (to save time) and then just provide the results when asked
      for? I belive that the finger print results expire after 6 mths. Do
      you think it takes more than 6 months for Buffalo to request finger
      prints?

      I am a citizen of India, but currently reside in US. I know for sure
      that I need to obtain FBI clearence here. In addition I need to get a
      police clearence certificate from India. I remember see some info on
      a website that Canadain Immigration services will obtain police
      certification on my behalf from India. I do not have to do it. Is
      this true?

      Thanks in advance...

      Regards
      Nick
    • Antonio Paes
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 23, 2003
        Well, you'll need to get the clearence from India also, but I don't see any
        problem getting the fingerprinting in advance - look on the immigration web
        site to see how to do it. It will save you some time...

        Regards,

        Antonio
        > My understanding is that after the approval (Selection Certificate),
        > the application is to be forwarded to Buffalo, who then will inform
        > me when to do fingerprinting and medicals.
        >
        > My question is, should I go ahead and get the finger printing done in
        > advance (to save time) and then just provide the results when asked
        > for? I belive that the finger print results expire after 6 mths. Do
        > you think it takes more than 6 months for Buffalo to request finger
        > prints?
        >
        > I am a citizen of India, but currently reside in US. I know for sure
        > that I need to obtain FBI clearence here. In addition I need to get a
        > police clearence certificate from India. I remember see some info on
        > a website that Canadain Immigration services will obtain police
        > certification on my behalf from India. I do not have to do it. Is
        > this true?
        >
        > Thanks in advance...
        >
        > Regards
        > Nick
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Ravi Rao
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 23, 2003
          * amithnikam [Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 08:15:41PM -0000]:

          > My understanding is that after the approval (Selection Certificate),
          > the application is to be forwarded to Buffalo, who then will inform
          > me when to do fingerprinting and medicals.

          That is correct.

          > My question is, should I go ahead and get the finger printing done in
          > advance (to save time) and then just provide the results when asked

          Yes. RCMP fingerprints from inside Canada takes 5-6 months
          currently, to process. You prolly will do your fingerprints somewhere in the
          US, and I wouldn't know what the processing times there are.

          > for? I belive that the finger print results expire after 6 mths. Do

          No, not true. Much longer than that -- 2 years or something. Its
          only the medicals that expire early (1 year after being done)

          > you think it takes more than 6 months for Buffalo to request finger
          > prints?

          Not usually. But fingerprints are independent of all other
          procedures, so there's no reason why you should wait until you're asked, to
          get them done.

          > I am a citizen of India, but currently reside in US. I know for sure
          > that I need to obtain FBI clearence here. In addition I need to get a

          That would be for the police clearance certificate, yes?

          > police clearence certificate from India. I remember see some info on

          Really? Indians in Canada don't need PCC's from India. I guess that
          is prolly because they ostensibly have them done when they get their study
          or work permits in the first place.

          > a website that Canadain Immigration services will obtain police
          > certification on my behalf from India. I do not have to do it. Is
          > this true?

          I wouldn't know, sorry.

          --ravi.
        • Frederick Macahis
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 25, 2003
            Guys,

            Happy New Year!!!

            Sorry to disturb your holidays...
            anybody here knows the website for
            e-client services for quebec?
            To check on-line status?

            Thanks and best regards,
            Fred

            http://photos.yahoo.com/
          • wncannon
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 25, 2003
              You can check your status online? Which part of the process can you
              check the status of? Is it after you get the CSQ or after you mail
              in the application and you get the AOR?

              Thanks
              Wes

              --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Frederick Macahis
              <fmacahis@y...> wrote:
              > Guys,
              >
              > Happy New Year!!!
              >
              > Sorry to disturb your holidays...
              > anybody here knows the website for
              > e-client services for quebec?
              > To check on-line status?
              >
              > Thanks and best regards,
              > Fred

              > http://photos.yahoo.com/
            • Frederick Macahis
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 25, 2003
                yeah, you can check your status on-line, but i know
                only for federal using e-client status, wherein you
                can put on your application no.

                --- wncannon <wncannon@...> wrote:
                > You can check your status online? Which part of the
                > process can you
                > check the status of? Is it after you get the CSQ or
                > after you mail
                > in the application and you get the AOR?
                >
                > Thanks
                > Wes
                >

                > --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Frederick
                > Macahis
                > <fmacahis@y...> wrote:
                > > Guys,
                > >
                > > Happy New Year!!!
                > >
                > > Sorry to disturb your holidays...
                > > anybody here knows the website for
                > > e-client services for quebec?
                > > To check on-line status?
                > >
                > > Thanks and best regards,
                > > Fred

                > > http://photos.yahoo.com/

                http://photos.yahoo.com/
              • Rajesh G
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 26, 2003
                  Greetings,

                  Wish u all a Very Happy New Year... If
                  anybody in this group aware of this please let me
                  know.

                  Raj

                  http://photos.yahoo.com/