Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

  • Nancy Mervin
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2012
      If your green card is valid for only 2 years, you are a conditional permanent resident. Do not use Form I-90 if you are a conditional resident and your status is expiring. Conditional permanent residents are required to file a petition to remove those conditions within 90 days of their card expiring.If your conditional status was based on a marriage, you must file Form I-751 , Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.If your conditional status was based on being an investor, you must file Form I-829, Petition by Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions on Permanent Resident Status.Once your petition is approved, you will be sent a new green card valid for 10 years. At that point, the Green Card Renewal or Green Card Replacement process involves the use of Form I90.