Which Affidavit of Support form Do You Need?

  • Nancy Mervin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2012
      Which Affidavit of Support form Do You Need?

      Form I-134 is for individuals seeking to "sponsor" an immigrant applying for a U.S. visa. This form shows that individuals applying for a visa have an adequate amount of sponsorship and will refrain from becoming "public charges" if approved to reside in the U.S. This form is filled out and filed at the start of the visa application process. It should be noted that a sponsor must fill out a separate form each person applying for a visa.The affidavit of support form  requires proof of financial ability to sponsor an immigrant, including copies of bank statement, paycheck stubs, income tax returns, investment or bond information or any other financial resources to show an ability to assist the person being sponsored via this form.