Prepare Form I-751, Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence online!

  • Nancy Mervin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2012
      Prepare Form I-751, Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence online!

      An individual who obtained a Green Card through marriage and came to the U.S. on a K1 visa, probably received a Conditional Permanent Resident card that is valid for two (2) years. When this two-year conditional period ends, the permanent residence status automatically expires and the applicant may be subject to deportation and removal. To avoid this, 90 days or less before the conditional residence expires, the applicant must file Form I-751 , Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence. Once approved, the conditional status will be removed and the applicant will receive their new Permanent Resident card that is valid for 10 years.