Immigration Reform -- Move Over Congress!

  • shaebrown2
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2011
      The Supreme Court has given its seal of approval to one of Arizona's much maligned immigration laws. Is Congress even relevant on this issue anymore?

      To paraphrase Forrest Gump, "Illegal is as illegal does," to my mind -- period. But another reminder is in order: I've also written in support of the Dream Act which would allow the children of illegals who have known no other country to stay here and go to college or serve in our military. I'm not against LEGAL immigration at all.

      It doesn't take a genius to predict that now that the highest court in our land has given its seal of approval to the idea by declaring it constitutional, we will see a rush of other states following in Arizona's footsteps.

      But the dam of inaction on immigration has been breached. There is no turning back. Washington, you have made yourself obsolete on this issue. I'm betting other issues you've sidestepped will be next.

      Read more:- http://tinyurl.com/3tuchb8

      Theodoreen H Enfield

      http://www.southflticketlawyer.com
      http://www.theodoreenfield.com