Re: [immigrationquebec] Re: materail difference of qubec from that of others?

  • Antonio Paes
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 8, 2003
      Both languages.
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "clairvoyant316" <aryobw@...>
      To: <immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, December 08, 2003 9:07 AM
      Subject: [immigrationquebec] Re: materail difference of qubec from that of
      others?

      > Strange idea...:)
      > IMHO, learning French is an opportunity.
      > Anyway.....for those folks who have received any letter from SIQ New
      > York, Did you guys get the letters in English or French...?
      > Thank You....
      >

      > --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "Nadeem.A.Janjua"
      > <nadeemjanjua@y...> wrote:
      > > hey guys I have not yet applied but I have decided for Toronto
      > >because friends have advised this to run away from french. regrads

    • Max Pilipis
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 8, 2003
        My letters have been ALL in french. And for what I read in this and other groups, this seems to be the norm.

        Max

        <nadeemjanjua@y...> wrote:
        > hey guys I have not yet applied but I have decided for Toronto
        >because friends have advised this to run away from french. regrads

      • clairvoyant316
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 8, 2003
          In any given time, did you guys reply in English or did you guys
          reply in French????
          Thank You

          --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Max Pilipis <maxez@y...>
          wrote:
          > My letters have been ALL in french. And for what I read in this and
          other groups, this seems to be the norm.

          > Max
        • Antonio Paes
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 8, 2003
            My responses were all in English. Even if I could try to write in French (I
            understand French perfectly - reading) I preferred to do what I knew for
            sure. Now I'm ready for the interview (after 2 1/2 months of French class).
            Soon I'll see what will happen.

            Regards,

            Antonio

            > In any given time, did you guys reply in English or did you guys
            > reply in French????
            > Thank You
            >
            > --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Max Pilipis <maxez@y...>
            > wrote:
            > > My letters have been ALL in french. And for what I read in this and
            > other groups, this seems to be the norm.
            > >
            > > Max

          • Max Pilipis
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 9, 2003
              I replied in english, twice.

              I was going to ask Wes to translate the letter for me :) but then I figured that If they thought I could write at that level, I would have to talk at that level on the interview too.
              Sending replies in a well written french letter is a double edge sword in my opinion.

              I don't think they really care in what language you write back.

              Max

              wrote:
              > My letters have been ALL in french. And for what I read in this and
              other groups, this seems to be the norm.

              > Max

            • Max Pilipis