Re: materail difference of qubec from that of others?

  • Karen
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 8, 2003
      I had all my correspondence with SIQ New York in french.

      clairvoyant316 <aryobw@...> wrote:
      Anyway.....for those folks who have received any letter from SIQ New
      York, Did you guys get the letters in English or French...?
      Thank You....

    • Antonio Paes
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 8, 2003
        Both languages.
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 8, 2003
          My letters have been ALL in french. And for what I read in this and other groups, this seems to be the norm.

          Max

          <nadeemjanjua@y...> wrote:
          > hey guys I have not yet applied but I have decided for Toronto
          >because friends have advised this to run away from french. regrads

        • clairvoyant316
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 8, 2003
            In any given time, did you guys reply in English or did you guys
            reply in French????
            Thank You

            --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Max Pilipis <maxez@y...>
            wrote:
            > My letters have been ALL in french. And for what I read in this and
            other groups, this seems to be the norm.

            > Max
          • Antonio Paes
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 8, 2003
              My responses were all in English. Even if I could try to write in French (I
              understand French perfectly - reading) I preferred to do what I knew for
              sure. Now I'm ready for the interview (after 2 1/2 months of French class).
              Soon I'll see what will happen.

              Regards,

              Antonio

              > In any given time, did you guys reply in English or did you guys
              > reply in French????
              > Thank You
              >
              > --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Max Pilipis <maxez@y...>
              > wrote:
              > > My letters have been ALL in french. And for what I read in this and
              > other groups, this seems to be the norm.
              > >
              > > Max

            • Max Pilipis
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 9, 2003
                I replied in english, twice.

                I was going to ask Wes to translate the letter for me :) but then I figured that If they thought I could write at that level, I would have to talk at that level on the interview too.
                Sending replies in a well written french letter is a double edge sword in my opinion.

                I don't think they really care in what language you write back.

                Max

                wrote:
                > My letters have been ALL in french. And for what I read in this and
                other groups, this seems to be the norm.

                > Max

              • Max Pilipis