Re: [ImmigrationQuebec] French Language

  • Aziz Mohammed
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 12, 2009
      If you are the principal applicant and your only exposure to the french language is the 75 hr basic course at AF, I will have to say it may not be sufficient. But again it will depend on other factors like having a job offer from Quebec, etc.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 12, 2009
        Hi Aziz,

        Thanks for your reply... My occupation is statistician and it's in their preferred occupation list. I also have finished my master's degree in statistics. I also took the online evaluation and I passed it even if I set my french skill to zero... Could you comment on this? Thanks a lot.

        ____________ _________ _________ __

        Is 75-hour french training at Alliance Francaise enough for the Quebec Selection Certificate?

        Thanks...

        Do You Yahoo!?

        http://mail. yahoo.com

        Get your preferred Email name!
        Now you can @... and @....

      • Aziz Mohammed
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 12, 2009
          It does not matter that you passed the online evaluation even with zero french skills. Your interview will test your language abilities and the interviewer enjoys a lot of discretionary power. A lack of french knowledge may be interpreted as lack of motivation to settle down in Quebec. The onus is on you to prove otherwise. This is of course just my opinion and who knows, your interviewer may be somewhat lenient on language abilities - but it is a risk nevertheless.

          I suggest you do a google and read up CSQ interview experiences. You will see a few cases of refusal because of lack of french knowledge. They all would have passed the online evaluation.

          ________________________________
          Thanks for your reply... My occupation is statistician and it's in their preferred occupation list. I also have finished my master's degree in statistics. I also took the online evaluation and I passed it even if I set my french skill to zero... Could you comment on this? Thanks a lot.

          If you are the principal applicant and your only exposure to the french language is the 75 hr basic course at AF, I will have to say it may not be sufficient. But again it will depend on other factors like having a job offer from Quebec, etc.

          ____________ _________ _________ __

          Is 75-hour french training at Alliance Francaise enough for the Quebec Selection Certificate?

          Thanks...

        • Faisy
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 13, 2009
            You must study atleast 200 hours of french to pass the CSQ interview.

            Thanks for your reply... My occupation is statistician and it's in their preferred occupation list. I also have finished my master's degree in statistics. I also took the online evaluation and I passed it even if I set my french skill to zero... Could you comment on this? Thanks a lot.

            If you are the principal applicant and your only exposure to the french language is the 75 hr basic course at AF, I will have to say it may not be sufficient. But again it will depend on other factors like having a job offer from Quebec, etc.

            ____________ _________ _________ __

            Is 75-hour french training at Alliance Francaise enough for the Quebec Selection Certificate?

            Thanks...

            Do You Yahoo!?

            http://mail. yahoo.com

            Get your preferred Email name!
            Now you can @... and @rocketmail. com.
            http://mail. promotions. yahoo.com/ newdomains/ aa/

          • LJ dela Cruz
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 13, 2009
              FROM Bureau d'immigration du Québec de Hong Kong:

              Please note that in evaluating linguistic ability of our candidates, it
              is not the number of hours that count.  It is the level in which the
              candidate obtained via tests from linguistic institutions or recognised
              examination boards.

              Candidate may submit a certificate of attendance indicating level of
              the course from the institutions in which he/she has attended.  Based on
              this document, we will prescreen this applicant with all other criteria
              (e.g. education and work experience) and in case candidate passes on
              prescreening, we will evaluate his application with an interview.

[...]

              New Email addresses available on Yahoo!
              Hurry before someone else does!