Change of marital status

  • bajwasab
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 10, 2007
      Hi

      I am Ateeq from Pakistan.
      here is my brief history abt QBC,
      Applied in May 2004, gave interview at Islamabad in June 2006, my case
      was deffered for one year for improvement in French Language skill, I
      improved my french and passed DELF1 and DELF2, send certificates to
      Damass. Damass office acknowledged that they will take interview in
      Autumn 2007. I am awaiting for interview call now.

      Now in June 2007 i got married and prepared all documents, She is Dr.
      and have little experience in Surgery too. (I still not informed about
      my Social Status yet)
      I want to know that should I apply for her now or wait for getting my
      interview call because I am afraid that this might not defers me again.

      Thanks and Regards

      Ateeq ur Rahman Bajwa
    • Aziz Mohammed
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 10, 2007
        When I got my acknowledgement for my application, I was told that I
        should inform them of any change in my status within 30 days. Assuming
        that the same applies to you as well, you are bound to inform them
        asap. If you do that, that is most likely to delay your application
        because your application will be reassessed (the qualifying points
        required for a married applicant is different). I don't know what
        happens if you don't do that immediately and wait for your interview.

        However, I do hope that your wife's french level is atleast
        intermediate , otherwise this factor might come in the way of your CSQ.

        Regards,
        Aziz

        --- bajwasab <bajwasab@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > I am Ateeq from Pakistan.
        > here is my brief history abt QBC,
        > Applied in May 2004, gave interview at Islamabad in June 2006, my
        > case
        > was deffered for one year for improvement in French Language skill, I
        >
        > improved my french and passed DELF1 and DELF2, send certificates to
        > Damass. Damass office acknowledged that they will take interview in
        > Autumn 2007. I am awaiting for interview call now.
        >
        > Now in June 2007 i got married and prepared all documents, She is Dr.
        >
        > and have little experience in Surgery too. (I still not informed
        > about
        > my Social Status yet)
        > I want to know that should I apply for her now or wait for getting my
        >
        > interview call because I am afraid that this might not defers me
        > again.
        >
        > Thanks and Regards
        >
        > Ateeq ur Rahman Bajwa

        http://sims.yahoo.com/
      • bajwasab
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 11, 2007
          Hi
          Mr. Aziz
          Thanx for your openion.
          Its over 2 months that I married one thing more that I got Nikah
          (Marriage Certificate) only and RUKHSATI will be in November 07,
          from ur comments wat I am thinking that 30 days are lapesed and if I
          sent my update before these 30 days it will delay my process. I
          should waite for Interview call and take my wife on Interview date.
          Advise me am i thinbking right.
          and anyone faced the same situation plz advise.

          Thanks

          Ateeq
          --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Aziz Mohammed
          <aziz93144@...> wrote:

          > When I got my acknowledgement for my application, I was told that I
          > should inform them of any change in my status within 30 days.
          Assuming
          > that the same applies to you as well, you are bound to inform them
          > asap. If you do that, that is most likely to delay your application
          > because your application will be reassessed (the qualifying points
          > required for a married applicant is different). I don't know what
          > happens if you don't do that immediately and wait for your
          interview.

          > However, I do hope that your wife's french level is atleast
          > intermediate , otherwise this factor might come in the way of your
          CSQ.

          > Regards,
          > Aziz
          >
          > --- bajwasab <bajwasab@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Hi
          > >
          > > I am Ateeq from Pakistan.
          > > here is my brief history abt QBC,
          > > Applied in May 2004, gave interview at Islamabad in June 2006, my
          > > case
          > > was deffered for one year for improvement in French Language
          skill, I

          > > improved my french and passed DELF1 and DELF2, send certificates
          > > Damass. Damass office acknowledged that they will take interview
          in
          > > Autumn 2007. I am awaiting for interview call now.
          > >
          > > Now in June 2007 i got married and prepared all documents, She is
          Dr.

          > > and have little experience in Surgery too. (I still not informed
          > > about
          > > my Social Status yet)
          > > I want to know that should I apply for her now or wait for
          getting my

          > > interview call because I am afraid that this might not defers me
          > > again.
          > >
          > > Thanks and Regards
          > >
          > > Ateeq ur Rahman Bajwa

          ______________
          story. Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.
          > http://sims.yahoo.com/

        • Aziz Mohammed
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 12, 2007
            Sorry Ateeq, I don't what happens when you take your wife to the
            interview without having applied for her. Sooner or later, you will
            have to submit your wife's application along with the fee. So there
            will be some delay. If your wife has no French skills, I see that as a
            bigger issue.

            All the best,
            Aziz

          • hopeful1357
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 17, 2007
              Hello,
              if you have a certificate for your marriage, you must tell them about
              the changes in your marriage statues. If you don't do this, they can
              cancel your immigration procedure even after issuing the visa. They can
              easily find your marriage date in your marriage certificate.
              It is true that by telling them about your marriage your procedure for
              immigration will be delayed, but by not telling them about marriage you
              most likely will lose your case all together. They will check you as a
              married person from the first steps of immigration procedure.
              You can't go for interview with your wife without telling them about
              your new situation before the interview. It is a negative point for
              your case.
              Good luck.