Dramatic increase in median waiting times

  • mehmet_tuncer
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3 1:26 AM
      Hi all,

      I have a QSC and I have recently filed the federal application in
      Ankara.

      In 2006 the median waiting time for Quebec selected applicants was 6
      months for Ankara, which was based the actual completion times in
      2005. Now the immigration website shows that the median waiting time
      for Quebec selected applicants is 24 months, which is based on the
      actual completion times in 2006. This is the longest median waiting
      time for Quebec selected applicants among all the immigration offices
      in the world.

      My question is that what would be the reason of such a dramatic
      increase? Since in the previous years the median waiting times for
      this catagory was around 6 months and most of the cases are completed
      in less than 1 year, can we say that they cleared the pending
      applications in 2006?

      Thanks,

      Mehmet
    • Ali Atefi
      Message 2 of 4 , May 5 3:02 AM
        Hi dear friend,

        In which website have you read this?

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 4 , May 5 6:08 AM
          Here:

          http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/times-int/02b-skilled-que.html

          --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "Ali Atefi" <atefi@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi dear friend,
          >

          > In which website have you read this?
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Ali Atefi
          Message 4 of 4 , May 6 12:43 AM
            Dear friend,

            I saw the website and I think that the existing tables only show some
            statistical info. and nothing else. By the way if you consider the
            recommendation offered in "
            http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/after-2.html" , no need to be
            worried.

            Regards,