Re: Expired CSQ and PR visa issue

  • rafaelscapin
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 24, 2007
      Hi Gebo,

      I didn´t know about that you could apply only within the first year.
      It´s kinda weird, once the CSQ is still valid for a 3-year period.

      About the medical request: yes, this is the last step toward passport
      request. After you send your medical examinations to the Consulate,
      it´ll ask you for the passport (and the payment of the Right of
      Permanent Residence Fee --> CAD$450.00) in order to issue you the PR
      visa.

      Have a nice weekend,

      Rafael

      --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Gebo Satri <gebosatri@...>
      wrote:

      > Hey Rafael,
      >
      > Thanks a lot for your answer regarding the file number.
      >
      > CSQ itself is valid for 3 years, but you are eligible to apply
      within the first year only. This was my point of view.

      > Medicals request!
      > Is this a last step toward passport request? Is it an indication
      that your file is nearing the decision.

      > Thanks,
      > gebo

    • Michel Aho
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 26, 2007
        That is not true. The CSQ is valid for 3 years. As long as it is not expired you can use it any time within the 3 years to apply for the federal process. I have a fried that had a csq that had 2 month left to expire. He successfully used it to apply for visa.

        rafaelscapin <rafaelscapin@...> a écrit : Hi Gebo,

        wrote:

        > Hey Rafael,
        >
        > Thanks a lot for your answer regarding the file number.
        >
        > CSQ itself is valid for 3 years, but you are eligible to apply
        within the first year only. This was my point of view.

        > Medicals request!
        > Is this a last step toward passport request? Is it an indication
        that your file is nearing the decision.

        > Thanks,
        > gebo

      • Michel Aho
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 26, 2007
          Perhaps this is the new rule. I got my CSQ in November 2005 and will expire in 2008. I already got my visa in 2006 and will be landing this year.

          Rafael Scapin <rafaelscapin@...> a écrit : Hi Gebo,

          New CSQ´s are valid only for one year. Old ones (like mine, which
          was issued in 2003) were valid for a 3-year period.

          File number for on-line check follows this standard: X111111111 (a
          letter followed by 9 numbers). Well, at least mine is like this, hehehe!
          I am not sure whether this model applies for everyone. I think it does.

          Have a nice weekend.

          Rafael

          Gebo said>

          You're both right, but as fas as I know The validity of CSQ for applying
          to the federals is one year after the issuance. This told me the officer
          explicitly.

          I may be wrong but this is according to my experience and what is
          written in certificate.

          Can anyone tell me how the file number for on-line check looks like? I
          got one via e-mail but I am not sure wether this is the one or is
          something else?

        • Small Universe
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 1, 2007
            You should ask for a new CSQ. Most of the times they will issue you one,
            without much delay.

            ________________________________
            > To: immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com
            > From: rafaelscapin@...
            > Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 15:02:33 -0200
            > Subject: [ImmigrationQuebec] Expired CSQ and PR visa issue
            >
            > Hello everyone,
            > My name is Rafael and I live in southern Brazil.
            > I got my CSQ (Certificat de Selection du Quebec) on August 21, 2003 here
            > in Brazil. It was valid until August 21, 2006. Due to some personal
            > problems I couldn´t continue the process until 2006. I entered the
            > Federal Process at the Canadian Consulate on July 24, 2006 (before the
            > expiration of my CSQ). After sending the medical examinations, I got a
            > letter from the Consulate on February 2, 2007 asking for my passport and
            > the payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee in order to get my
            > PR visa. I have already payed the fee and sent the passport to the
            > Consulate.
            > But today (February 23, 2007) an officer from the Canadian Consulate in
            > São Paulo called me and told me they couldn´t issue my visa because my
            > CSQ expired on August 21, 2006. I understand I need a new CSQ so that
            > the Canadian Consulate in São Paulo can issue my visa, is that right?
            > Should I ask for a new CSQ? How must I proceed?
            > Thanks in advance for your attention.
            > Rafael Scapin
            > BRAZIL

            Descubre Live.com - tu propia página de inicio, personalizada para ver rápidamente todo lo que te interesa en un mismo sitio.
            http://www.live.com/getstarted