Re: [ImmigrationQuebec] Re: Expired CSQ and PR visa issue

  • Gebo Satri
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 24 9:40 AM
      Hey Rafael,

      Thanks a lot for your answer regarding the file number.

      CSQ itself is valid for 3 years, but you are eligible to apply within the first year only. This was my point of view.

      Medicals request!
      Is this a last step toward passport request? Is it an indication that your file is nearing the decision.

      Thanks,
      gebo

      Rafael Scapin <rafaelscapin@...> wrote:
      Hi Gebo,

      New CSQ´s are valid only for one year. Old ones (like mine, which
      was issued in 2003) were valid for a 3-year period.

      File number for on-line check follows this standard: X111111111 (a
      letter followed by 9 numbers). Well, at least mine is like this, hehehe!
      I am not sure whether this model applies for everyone. I think it does.

      Have a nice weekend.

      Rafael

      Gebo said>

      You're both right, but as fas as I know The validity of CSQ for applying
      to the federals is one year after the issuance. This told me the officer
      explicitly.

      I may be wrong but this is according to my experience and what is
      written in certificate.

      Can anyone tell me how the file number for on-line check looks like? I
      got one via e-mail but I am not sure wether this is the one or is
      something else?

    • rafaelscapin
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 24 2:11 PM
        Hi Gebo,

        I didn´t know about that you could apply only within the first year.
        It´s kinda weird, once the CSQ is still valid for a 3-year period.

        About the medical request: yes, this is the last step toward passport
        request. After you send your medical examinations to the Consulate,
        it´ll ask you for the passport (and the payment of the Right of
        Permanent Residence Fee --> CAD$450.00) in order to issue you the PR
        visa.

        Have a nice weekend,

        Rafael

        --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Gebo Satri <gebosatri@...>
        wrote:

        > Hey Rafael,
        >
        > Thanks a lot for your answer regarding the file number.
        >
        > CSQ itself is valid for 3 years, but you are eligible to apply
        within the first year only. This was my point of view.

        > Medicals request!
        > Is this a last step toward passport request? Is it an indication
        that your file is nearing the decision.

        > Thanks,
        > gebo

      • Michel Aho
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 26 7:19 PM
          That is not true. The CSQ is valid for 3 years. As long as it is not expired you can use it any time within the 3 years to apply for the federal process. I have a fried that had a csq that had 2 month left to expire. He successfully used it to apply for visa.

          rafaelscapin <rafaelscapin@...> a écrit : Hi Gebo,

          wrote:

          > Hey Rafael,
          >
          > Thanks a lot for your answer regarding the file number.
          >
          > CSQ itself is valid for 3 years, but you are eligible to apply
          within the first year only. This was my point of view.

          > Medicals request!
          > Is this a last step toward passport request? Is it an indication
          that your file is nearing the decision.

          > Thanks,
          > gebo

        • Michel Aho

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 1, 2007
              You should ask for a new CSQ. Most of the times they will issue you one,
              without much delay.

              ________________________________
              > To: immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com
              > From: rafaelscapin@...
              > Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 15:02:33 -0200
              > Subject: [ImmigrationQuebec] Expired CSQ and PR visa issue
              >
              > Hello everyone,
              > My name is Rafael and I live in southern Brazil.
              > I got my CSQ (Certificat de Selection du Quebec) on August 21, 2003 here
              > in Brazil. It was valid until August 21, 2006. Due to some personal
              > problems I couldn´t continue the process until 2006. I entered the
              > Federal Process at the Canadian Consulate on July 24, 2006 (before the
              > expiration of my CSQ). After sending the medical examinations, I got a
              > letter from the Consulate on February 2, 2007 asking for my passport and
              > the payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee in order to get my
              > PR visa. I have already payed the fee and sent the passport to the
              > Consulate.
              > But today (February 23, 2007) an officer from the Canadian Consulate in
              > São Paulo called me and told me they couldn´t issue my visa because my
              > CSQ expired on August 21, 2006. I understand I need a new CSQ so that
              > the Canadian Consulate in São Paulo can issue my visa, is that right?
              > Should I ask for a new CSQ? How must I proceed?
              > Thanks in advance for your attention.
              > Rafael Scapin
              > BRAZIL

              Descubre Live.com - tu propia página de inicio, personalizada para ver rápidamente todo lo que te interesa en un mismo sitio.
              http://www.live.com/getstarted