Guidance required (urgent) - please help

  • sobia_hasan_khan
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 28, 2006
      Hello,
      I was visiting pakistan from canada, due to family emergency. During
      my stay in Pakistan, I had an emergency cesarian operation. My baby
      was born in pakistan (it was an emergency operation) and I was told
      to be on complete bed rest for two months, as per doctor's advice.
      During this time, my citizenship test date came but unfortunately I
      could not travel back to canada. I sent the citizenship office (in
      Canada) all of my medical documents requesting for an extension. I
      have not heard back from them as yet. Now I would like to travel
      back to canada to get a new citizenship date.

      I have a few questions:
      1. How can I bring my infant (3 months old) with me to canada?
      2. what do I have to do to obtain a new citizenship date?

      I have to call the Canadian embassy in Islamabad (Pakistan) or Abu
      Dhabi (since I am in the middle east for the past month now)? Please
      guide me as to what should I do in order to bring my child with me
      to canada at the earliest. I want to travel back to canada with my
      child as soon as possible. Thank you.

      Sobia
    • Sobia Khan