Any suggestions for my interview on 14th Sept for CSQ

  • Prashant
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 22, 2006
      Dear All,

      Myself Prashant, a PhD student in Universite de Montreal. I
      had applied for my CSQ in February and was not expecting that I shall
      get my interview on 14th Sept. Well, I am not sure it is good or bad
      for me for I am afraid of my French skills. So could anybody of you
      share your views of how to prepare for the interview of CSQ. I suppose
      my points are more than what is required and except for French I am
      fine on all fronts. I am doing my PhD and studying in a French
      university so kindly let me know what I should do and what I can
      expect from the interviwer regarding my CSQ.

      Hope to get guidance from all you experienced people there.

      With regards,
      Prashant.
    • Manish Puri
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 22, 2006
        Hi Prashant

        I will share with you my recent interview experience. My interviewer really
        stressed from the very start how important the knowledge of French is to
        immigrate here, he even told me that everything else including work
        experience takes a back step. So make sure you convince him that you are
        making all the efforts to improve your french.
        He will judge your knowledge of french mostly in the start when he is
        filling out your background info (address, date of birth etc) on his
        computer. So make sure you understand those trivial questions. If he is
        still not impressed with your level of French, either he will switch to
        English or will ask you a bunch of questions in french from a list(not sure
        if this is a standard procedure). He did the later for me. He asked me
        whether I was married, where do my parents live etc. He also asked me what I
        think were the cultural differences between India and Quebec (a rather silly
        question since the differences are huge). He will also most certainly ask
        you what is your motivation to immigrate and what do you know about the
        quebec culture/ what places you have visited etc

        This is all i can think of right now. Hope it helps.

        Manish

        --
        m a n i s h

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 22, 2006
          My interview was in Montreal. Why do you ask?

          --
          m a n i s h

        • quebec immi
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 26, 2006