Anyone who applied for Selection Certificate in Hongkong?

  • regaquino
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 16, 2006
      Hi! Im Raymond from Manila Philippines. I just want to ask some
      members or visitors in this group to give me an idea the timelines for
      applying a Selection Certificate in Hong Kong? Mostly of the timelines
      are coming from Buffalo. :)

      I just submitted my application for Selection Certificate and the
      supporting documents last week (April 10, 2006). I still havent
      received any confirmation from Hong Kong yet. Wil I receive it thru
      email or letter? How long?

      Thanks.

      Raymond
    • James Chung
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 17, 2006
        Hi,

        I think one week is a very short time and you can't
        expect a response in such a short period especially
        that this weekend is Easter week... If you don't hear
        from them within the next two weeks, then you can
        reasonably call them up or send them an email... and
        generally they do respond to email requests.

        --- regaquino <regaquino@...> wrote:

        > Hi! Im Raymond from Manila Philippines. I just want
        > to ask some
        > members or visitors in this group to give me an idea
        > the timelines for
        > applying a Selection Certificate in Hong Kong?
        > Mostly of the timelines
        > are coming from Buffalo. :)
        >
        > I just submitted my application for Selection
        > Certificate and the
        > supporting documents last week (April 10, 2006). I
        > still havent
        > received any confirmation from Hong Kong yet. Wil I
        > receive it thru
        > email or letter? How long?
        >
        > Thanks.
        >

        > Raymond

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • regaquino
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 18, 2006
          dear james,

          thanks for your reply. i do hope you can also share to me your
          experiences in your application in HK. preferably your timelines.

          regards,

          raymond

          --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, James Chung
          <chungosaurus@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > I think one week is a very short time and you can't
          > expect a response in such a short period especially
          > that this weekend is Easter week... If you don't hear
          > from them within the next two weeks, then you can
          > reasonably call them up or send them an email... and
          > generally they do respond to email requests.
          >
          > --- regaquino <regaquino@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Hi! Im Raymond from Manila Philippines. I just want
          > > to ask some
          > > members or visitors in this group to give me an idea
          > > the timelines for
          > > applying a Selection Certificate in Hong Kong?
          > > Mostly of the timelines
          > > are coming from Buffalo. :)
          > >
          > > I just submitted my application for Selection
          > > Certificate and the
          > > supporting documents last week (April 10, 2006). I
          > > still havent
          > > received any confirmation from Hong Kong yet. Wil I
          > > receive it thru
          > > email or letter? How long?
          > >
          > > Thanks.
          > >

          > > Raymond