Re: Medical question

  • sskif
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 7, 2006
      No, you misunderstood me :) I was suggessting that they most likely
      will know about your TB one way or another and as it's major
      inconsistency - they may not like it very much. I really wouldn't
      take that chance if I were you. If your TB is cured, you have nothing
      to worry about.

      A friend of mine was with me on working visa in Canada and his wife
      was diagnosted with TB when they were going though immigration
      medical exam. They had their TB treated and after doctors said OK,
      they were granted permanent resident status.

      --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "bajutka" <bajutka@...>
      wrote:

      > Thank you for you answer! As I understood, if we do not disclose TB
      > information in the background declaraion but dislose it during the
      > medicals then we should be fine.
      >
      > I just do not want them to say that my medical and background forms
      > have major inconsistency.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > J.
      >
      > --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "sskif" <sskif@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hey there!
      > >
      > > Well, as far as TB goes - it is a VERY serious disease and it's
      one
      > > of the main things they check you for during medical exam. The
      > > antibodies for TB stay in your body for the rest of your life, so
      > > they WILL know you had it. Now it's up to you if you want to
      > mention
      > > or not. The fact that you had it does not affect your chances of
      > > immigration, since it's not in "active" form (at least I hope
      so),
      > > but they could decide to do more detailed medical check in your
      > case.
      > >
      > > As for the stay in the hospital during your studies, I don't
      think
      > > it's worth mentionin in the papers. You did study at that time
      and
      > > you completed the studies successfully. What else matters?
      > >
      > > --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "bajutka" <bajutka@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi guys,
      > > >
      > > > We got CSQ and police certificates and are about to send the
      > > complete
      > > > application for PR to Buffalo.
      > > >
      > > > 11 years ago I was treated for TB and thus we have a specific
      > > > question.
      > > >
      > > > Question 1: In Schedule 1 - Background declaration - the last
      > > > question
      > > > is " Have you ever had serious disease"
      > > > Should I answer yes or no since TB is curable and thus not
      > serious
      > > > disease? Also, I thought we will disclose medical history
      during
      > > the
      > > > medical exam anyway.
      > > >
      > > > Question 2: In question 11 of Schedule 1 there is a question
      > > related
      > > > personal history since 18 years old. When I was in the hospital
      > for
      > > 3
      > > > months I continued my studies. Should I include my hospital
      stay
      > or
      > > > if
      > > > I just put my 4 years in college without interruption is fine?
      > > >
      > > > It is not that we are trying to hide information (anyway it is
      > > > disclosed during medicals) - we just think that we do not agree
      > > with
      > > > definiton "serious disease" and the fact that I was studying
> [...]
    • quebec immi
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 7, 2006
        TB is not a big deal.

        If you have Cancer, HIV+ve, etc., they will reject you.

        wrote:

> [...]
        > > > disease? Also, I thought we will disclose medical history
        during
        > > the
        > > > medical exam anyway.
        > > >
        > > > Question 2: In question 11 of Schedule 1 there is a question
        > > related
        > > > personal history since 18 years old. When I was in the hospital
        > for
        > > 3
        > > > months I continued my studies. Should I include my hospital
        stay
        > or
        > > > if
        > > > I just put my 4 years in college without interruption is fine?
        > > >
        > > > It is not that we are trying to hide information (anyway it is
        > > > disclosed during medicals) - we just think that we do not agree
        > > with
        > > > definiton "serious disease" and the fact that I was studying

        Us immigration and naturalization Immigration and naturalization Us immigration and naturalization service Immigration and naturalization service Federal government labor law Federal government labor law poster

      • sskif
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 7, 2006
          I would say cured TB is not a big deal. Active TB is a huge problem.

          --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, quebec immi <queimmi@...>
          wrote:

> [...]
          > think
          > > > it's worth mentionin in the papers. You did study at that time
          > and
          > > > you completed the studies successfully. What else matters?
          > > >
          > > > --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "bajutka" <bajutka@>

          > > > complete

          > > serious
          > during
          > > > the

          > > > related
          > > for
          > > > 3
          > stay
          > > or

          > > > with
          > for
          > > 4

          > Us immigration and naturalization Immigration and
          naturalization Us immigration and naturalization service
          Immigration and naturalization service Federal government labor

          Service.

        • bajutka
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 8, 2006
            Thank your for the answers.