Received CAQ

  • vikasde2000
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 23, 2006
      Hi,

      I have received the CAQ for 3 years - Now I would like to go ahead
      and apply for the work-permit. Does the Federal usually give the work-
      permit right away to people with a CAQ or do the refuse it very often?

      Thanks
    • sskif
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 23, 2006
        3 years is the longest term for CAQ I heard so far. Nice job. Don't
        worry about federals, once you been accepted by Quebec the federal part
        is just a formality, provided you are in good health and have no
        obvious security problems.

        --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "vikasde2000"
        <vikasde2000@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I have received the CAQ for 3 years - Now I would like to go ahead
        > and apply for the work-permit. Does the Federal usually give the work-
        > permit right away to people with a CAQ or do the refuse it very often?
        >
        > Thanks

      • vikasde2000
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 23, 2006
          I heard that 3 years is the max that you can get. I am very glad that
          I got the CAQ in only 2 weeks. I wish I could get the CSQ in the same
          timne :) I will let you know once I got my work-permission.

          Thanks

          --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "sskif" <sskif@...> wrote:

          > 3 years is the longest term for CAQ I heard so far. Nice job. Don't
          > worry about federals, once you been accepted by Quebec the federal
          part
          > is just a formality, provided you are in good health and have no
          > obvious security problems.
          >
          > --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "vikasde2000"
          > <vikasde2000@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > I have received the CAQ for 3 years - Now I would like to go
          ahead
          > > and apply for the work-permit. Does the Federal usually give the
          work-
          > > permit right away to people with a CAQ or do the refuse it very
          often?

          > > Thanks

        • quebec immi
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 23, 2006
            what is CAQ is it same as CSQ?

            vikasde2000 <vikasde2000@...> wrote: I heard that 3 years is the max that you can get. I am very glad that
            I got the CAQ in only 2 weeks. I wish I could get the CSQ in the same
            timne :) I will let you know once I got my work-permission.

            Thanks

            --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "sskif" <sskif@...> wrote:

            > 3 years is the longest term for CAQ I heard so far. Nice job. Don't
            > worry about federals, once you been accepted by Quebec the federal
            part
            > is just a formality, provided you are in good health and have no
            > obvious security problems.
            >
            > --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "vikasde2000"
            > <vikasde2000@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > I have received the CAQ for 3 years - Now I would like to go
            ahead
            > > and apply for the work-permit. Does the Federal usually give the
            work-
            > > permit right away to people with a CAQ or do the refuse it very
            often?

            > > Thanks

            Us immigration and naturalization Immigration and naturalization Us immigration and naturalization service Immigration and naturalization service Federal government labor law Federal government labor law poster

          • Michel Aho
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 23, 2006
              CAQ is Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec. I believe it is what you need if you want to study in the province of Quebec. CSQ is Certificate of Selection of Quebec, that is the document you nee if you want to move and live in the province of Quebec. It is though the first step of a 2 steps process.
              From I what read, if you already have a CSQ you don't need a CAQ.

              quebec immi <queimmi@...> a écrit : what is CAQ is it same as CSQ?

              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 24, 2006
                Thanks Michel Aho

                Michel Aho <michel_aho@...> wrote: CAQ is Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec. I believe it is what you need if you want to study in the province of Quebec. CSQ is Certificate of Selection of Quebec, that is the document you nee if you want to move and live in the province of Quebec. It is though the first step of a 2 steps process.
                From I what read, if you already have a CSQ you don't need a CAQ.

                quebec immi <queimmi@...> a �crit : what is CAQ is it same as CSQ?

                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 24, 2006
                  --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Michel Aho <michel_aho@...>
                  wrote:

                  > CAQ is Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec. I believe it is what you
                  need if you want to study in the province of Quebec. CSQ is
                  Certificate of Selection of Quebec, that is the document you nee if
                  you want to move and live in the province of Quebec. It is though the
                  first step of a 2 steps process.

                  CAQ is required when one wants to study or _work_ in Quebec.

                  > From I what read, if you already have a CSQ you don't need a CAQ.

                  Not true - they are completely different documents.
                • Michel Aho
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 24, 2006
                    Dear friend,

                    I am aware that CAQ is different from CSQ but if you already have a CSQ you are not required to obtain a CAQ. I never say something without having a proof to back it up. Here is the link where you can find the information backing what I have said.

                    French Version:
                    http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/francais/immigration/etudiants/exemptions.html

                    English Version:
                    http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/anglais/immigration/students/exemptions.html

                    I suggest you follow the link provided and read the page and you will be fixed on that. It is an official information. I never made it up. The page stated clearly in which cases you are not required to obtain a CAQ. One of them is you already have a valide CSQ, you don't need a CAQ.

                    Pour conclure, je voudrais dire par principe je fournis jamais de fausses informations aux gens. Je prends soin de les verifier avant de les fournir. Et d'autre patre ce que j'ai ecrit auparavant, en aucun moment j'ai jamais dit que le CAQ etait l'equivalent du CSQ. J'ai pris soin de definir chacun des deux documents et a quoi ils servent.

                    Bref je laisse chacun lire les informations sur la page dont j'ai fournie l'adresse.

                    A plaisir de te lire, merci.

                    sskif <sskif@...> a écrit : --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Michel Aho <michel_aho@...>
                    wrote:

                    > CAQ is Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec. I believe it is what you
                    need if you want to study in the province of Quebec. CSQ is
                    Certificate of Selection of Quebec, that is the document you nee if
                    you want to move and live in the province of Quebec. It is though the
                    first step of a 2 steps process.

                    CAQ is required when one wants to study or _work_ in Quebec.

                    > From I what read, if you already have a CSQ you don't need a CAQ.

                    Not true - they are completely different documents.

                    Us immigration and naturalization Immigration and naturalization Us immigration and naturalization service Immigration and naturalization service Federal government labor law Federal government labor law poster

                  • Neil DSouza
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 24, 2006
                      Hi

                      You may still need a CAQ if your CSQ is not processed from within Canada..is what I was told.....

                      Regards

                      Neil

                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 24, 2006
                        Michel, no need to get all offencive. Reading the page on the
                        internet is one thing but going throu the actuall process is often a
                        completely different story. And I've been through this. First of
                        all, this link describes the CAQ for studies. If you read what I've
                        posted carefully I specified that there are CAQs for _working_ in
                        Quebec.

                        Back to the CAQ for education - my wife tried to enroll into French
                        course while having CSQ and was told that she can't take course
                        that's longer than 6 months without obtaning CAQ. Maybe this
                        section "...in particular, persons granted refugee status and
                        members of the family reunification class..." has something to do
                        with it because we are not refugies nor going through memory
                        reunion.

                        So, let's keep a positive attitude, I appreciate you contribution to
                        this group and trying to do my part too, based on real life
                        experience.

                        Best regards,

                        <michel_aho@...> wrote:

                        > Dear friend,
                        >
                        > I am aware that CAQ is different from CSQ but if you already
                        have a CSQ you are not required to obtain a CAQ. I never say
                        something without having a proof to back it up. Here is the link
                        where you can find the information backing what I have said.

                        > French Version:
                        > http://www.immigration-
                        quebec.gouv.qc.ca/francais/immigration/etudiants/exemptions.html

                        > English Version:
                        > http://www.immigration-
                        quebec.gouv.qc.ca/anglais/immigration/students/exemptions.html

                        > I suggest you follow the link provided and read the page and you
                        will be fixed on that. It is an official information. I never made
                        it up. The page stated clearly in which cases you are not required
                        to obtain a CAQ. One of them is you already have a valide CSQ, you
                        don't need a CAQ.

                        > Pour conclure, je voudrais dire par principe je fournis jamais
                        de fausses informations aux gens. Je prends soin de les verifier
                        avant de les fournir. Et d'autre patre ce que j'ai ecrit
                        auparavant, en aucun moment j'ai jamais dit que le CAQ etait
                        l'equivalent du CSQ. J'ai pris soin de definir chacun des deux
                        documents et a quoi ils servent.

                        > Bref je laisse chacun lire les informations sur la page dont
                        j'ai fournie l'adresse.

                        > A plaisir de te lire, merci.
                        >
                        > sskif <sskif@...> a écrit : --- In
                        immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Michel Aho <michel_aho@>
                        > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > CAQ is Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec. I believe it is
                        what you
                        > need if you want to study in the province of Quebec. CSQ is
                        > Certificate of Selection of Quebec, that is the document you
                        nee if
                        > you want to move and live in the province of Quebec. It is
                        though the
                        > first step of a 2 steps process.
                        >

                        > CAQ is required when one wants to study or _work_ in Quebec.
                        >
                        > > From I what read, if you already have a CSQ you don't need a
                        CAQ.

                        > Not true - they are completely different documents.

                        > Us
                        immigration and
                        naturalization Immigration
                        and naturalization Us
                        immigration and naturalization
                        service
                        Immigration and naturalization
                        service Federal government
                        labor law Federal
                        government labor law
                        poster

                        Service.

                      • sskif
                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 24, 2006
                          I beleive you've been told correct :)

                          --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, Neil DSouza <neilsavd@...>
                          wrote:

                          > Hi
                          >
                          > You may still need a CAQ if your CSQ is not processed from within
                          Canada..is what I was told.....

                          > Regards
                          >
                          > Neil

                        • Michel Aho
                          Message 12 of 13 , Feb 24, 2006
                            I am not getting offended at all. We are all in the same boat here. We are all sharing information here based on what we experience or read. I can not then talk about what I have never experienced or read.
                            I guess what we need to do is we need to choose carefuly words when we are trying rebut a statement. When you wrote this: "not true, they are completely different documents", I agree with you that they are not same documents but I am challenging you to point to me where I wrote that they are the same documents. That is the point I was trying to make. Your reply came across as I stated that CAQ = CSQ.
                            I do agree with Neil De Souza though, whose statement partly uphold my point. So what is not true then in my statement?

                            Any way, let's move on.

                            Have a great week end every one, Passez tous un bon week end.

                            sskif <sskif@...> a écrit : Michel, no need to get all offencive. Reading the page on the

                            Message 13 of 13 , Feb 25, 2006
                              thanks to everyone for there clarification.

                              Michel Aho <michel_aho@...> wrote: I am not getting offended at all. We are all in the same boat here. We are all sharing information here based on what we experience or read. I can not then talk about what I have never experienced or read.

                              sskif <sskif@...> a �crit : Michel, no need to get all offencive. Reading the page on the