Information

  • prady nilson
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2005
      Hello all,
      I need some information on the current state of affairs at New york office. I sent in my application last september from Ontario, canada. I'm student here. They asked me to complete my masters and I completed it couple of months ago and sent them my degree certificate. I sent all my information to New york office. I'm waiting for some response from them. I did not hear anything from them till now. I dont know whats happening....Meanwhile whatvere french I knew is gone but if they give me the date then probably I can slog and learn as much as possible. Are they going to call me for interview in Newyork or montreal? I applied in permanent workers category..I did not receive any letter saying that my file has been shifted to montreal. I'm confused and dont know what to do...

      Please give me any information you have and some suggestions too if possible..

      Thank you very much,
      Pradeep

    • michel_aho
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2005
        If you can not be patient contact them then. In the mean time I will
        advise you to keep working on your French. Because in the interview
        process they will question you to know how much French you can
        understand, speak, and write. If you know just a little that might
        not give you points in the section languages of their point system.
        Remember the process is based on point. Just try to improve your
        french while you waiting to hear from them.
        Concerning the place for your interview, my best guess is if them
        call you up for interview it will not be in New York. For the past I
        knew that people residing in Canada and who applied through BIQ of
        New York get interviewed in Canada not in New York. Now they
        recently changed a few things. If you applied for CSQ and you in
        either in CANADA or US you will send your application to Montreal. A
        couple of mounths ago it was still BIQ of New York where you have to
        send your DCS. They just recently changed that.

        --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, prady nilson
        <prady_nilson@y...> wrote:

        > Hello all,
        > I need some information on the current state of affairs at New
        york office. I sent in my application last september from Ontario,
        canada. I'm student here. They asked me to complete my masters and I
        completed it couple of months ago and sent them my degree
        certificate. I sent all my information to New york office. I'm
        waiting for some response from them. I did not hear anything from
        them till now. I dont know whats happening....Meanwhile whatvere
        french I knew is gone but if they give me the date then probably I
        can slog and learn as much as possible. Are they going to call me
        for interview in Newyork or montreal? I applied in permanent workers
        category..I did not receive any letter saying that my file has been
        shifted to montreal. I'm confused and dont know what to do...

        > Please give me any information you have and some suggestions too
        if possible..

        > Thank you very much,
        > Pradeep

      • prady nilson
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 14, 2005
          Hello ,
          I'm in ontario and applied for Quebec immigration. Its just taking so much time. I have lost hope. I want to apply for federal now. Is it going to be a problem if I by any chance get a call from Quebec for interview and later on? If I send my application to federal can I later send them my CSQ and request for quebec type of processing?

          Please if any know have the information let me know.
          Pradeep

          <prady_nilson@y...> wrote:

          > Hello all,
          > I need some information on the current state of affairs at New
          york office. I sent in my application last september from Ontario,
          canada. I'm student here. They asked me to complete my masters and I
          completed it couple of months ago and sent them my degree
          certificate. I sent all my information to New york office. I'm
          waiting for some response from them. I did not hear anything from
          them till now. I dont know whats happening....Meanwhile whatvere
          french I knew is gone but if they give me the date then probably I
          can slog and learn as much as possible. Are they going to call me
          for interview in Newyork or montreal? I applied in permanent workers
          category..I did not receive any letter saying that my file has been
          shifted to montreal. I'm confused and dont know what to do...

          > Please give me any information you have and some suggestions too
          if possible..

          > Thank you very much,
          > Pradeep

        • mcsaha
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 14, 2005
            well...once you apply for federal application, you need to update
            csq app saying that you applied for federal app. Once you do that,
            you'll get rejected for CSQ. If you don't update CSQ app, you would
            be lying. It would be obvious that you just want to stay in Canada
            and use Quebec as a back door. So have patience and learn
            french...and I am sure like others you'll get your CSQ and Canadian
            PR.

            Good luck,
            Mark

            <prady_nilson@y...> wrote:

            > Hello ,
            > I'm in ontario and applied for Quebec immigration. Its just
            taking so much time. I have lost hope. I want to apply for federal
            now. Is it going to be a problem if I by any chance get a call from
            Quebec for interview and later on? If I send my application to
            federal can I later send them my CSQ and request for quebec type of
            processing?

            > Please if any know have the information let me know.
            > Pradeep
            >
            > michel_aho <michel_aho@y...> wrote:
            > If you can not be patient contact them then. In the mean time I
            will
            > advise you to keep working on your French. Because in the
            interview
            > process they will question you to know how much French you can
            > understand, speak, and write. If you know just a little that might
            > not give you points in the section languages of their point
            system.
            > Remember the process is based on point. Just try to improve your
            > french while you waiting to hear from them.
            > Concerning the place for your interview, my best guess is if them
            > call you up for interview it will not be in New York. For the past
            > knew that people residing in Canada and who applied through BIQ of
            > New York get interviewed in Canada not in New York. Now they
            > recently changed a few things. If you applied for CSQ and you in
            > either in CANADA or US you will send your application to Montreal.
            > couple of mounths ago it was still BIQ of New York where you have
            > send your DCS. They just recently changed that.
            >

            > --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, prady nilson
            > <prady_nilson@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello all,
            > > I need some information on the current state of affairs at New
            > york office. I sent in my application last september from Ontario,
            > canada. I'm student here. They asked me to complete my masters and
            > completed it couple of months ago and sent them my degree
            > certificate. I sent all my information to New york office. I'm
            > waiting for some response from them. I did not hear anything from
            > them till now. I dont know whats happening....Meanwhile whatvere
            > french I knew is gone but if they give me the date then probably I
            > can slog and learn as much as possible. Are they going to call me
            > for interview in Newyork or montreal? I applied in permanent
            workers
            > category..I did not receive any letter saying that my file has
            been
            > shifted to montreal. I'm confused and dont know what to do...
            > >
            > > Please give me any information you have and some suggestions
            too
            > if possible..
            > >
            > > Thank you very much,
            > > Pradeep

            Service.

          • Denis
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 14, 2005
              <prady_nilson@y...> wrote:

              > I'm in ontario and applied for Quebec immigration. Its just taking
              > so much time. I have lost hope. I want to apply for federal now.

              So actually how much time are you waiting? 3 months?
            • prady nilson
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 15, 2005
                Thank you very much for the information. I applied last september and I was told to complete my masters before they continue processing my application. I completed it and sent them my certificate this summer.. So its been a long wait...yes I will refresh whatever french knowledge I have and talk to them directly over phone...

                Thank you very again,
                Pradeep

                <prady_nilson@y...> wrote:

                > Hello ,
                > I'm in ontario and applied for Quebec immigration. Its just
                taking so much time. I have lost hope. I want to apply for federal
                now. Is it going to be a problem if I by any chance get a call from
                Quebec for interview and later on? If I send my application to
                federal can I later send them my CSQ and request for quebec type of
                processing?

                > Please if any know have the information let me know.
                > Pradeep
                >
                > michel_aho <michel_aho@y...> wrote:
                > If you can not be patient contact them then. In the mean time I
                will
                > advise you to keep working on your French. Because in the
                interview
                > process they will question you to know how much French you can
                > understand, speak, and write. If you know just a little that might
                > not give you points in the section languages of their point
                system.
                > Remember the process is based on point. Just try to improve your
                > french while you waiting to hear from them.
                > Concerning the place for your interview, my best guess is if them
                > call you up for interview it will not be in New York. For the past
                > knew that people residing in Canada and who applied through BIQ of
                > New York get interviewed in Canada not in New York. Now they
                > recently changed a few things. If you applied for CSQ and you in
                > either in CANADA or US you will send your application to Montreal.
                > couple of mounths ago it was still BIQ of New York where you have
                > send your DCS. They just recently changed that.
                >

                > --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, prady nilson
                > <prady_nilson@y...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hello all,
                > > I need some information on the current state of affairs at New
                > york office. I sent in my application last september from Ontario,
                > canada. I'm student here. They asked me to complete my masters and
                > completed it couple of months ago and sent them my degree
                > certificate. I sent all my information to New york office. I'm
                > waiting for some response from them. I did not hear anything from
                > them till now. I dont know whats happening....Meanwhile whatvere
                > french I knew is gone but if they give me the date then probably I
                > can slog and learn as much as possible. Are they going to call me
                > for interview in Newyork or montreal? I applied in permanent
                workers
                > category..I did not receive any letter saying that my file has
                been
                > shifted to montreal. I'm confused and dont know what to do...
                > >
                > > Please give me any information you have and some suggestions
                too
                > if possible..
                > >
                > > Thank you very much,
                > > Pradeep