Some question

  • Lionstar
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 18, 2005
      Hi All,

      I am new to this milis. My name is Leon. I am from Indonesia. I
      want to immigrate to Canada, some colleague suggest to go through
      Quebec provincial nominee. But I have some question:

      I only speak English and can't speak French , meanwhile the
      information said most Quebec citizen speaks French. I have no family
      at Canada. I need your suggestion what city should I apply in Quebec ?
      I hope the people whom speak English and French is about fifty %. My
      background is software and computer engineer.

      According to the milis, if I apply to Quebec the process will be
      faster compare to I apply through the Federal Skilled Worker Class
      Immigration, is it true ?

      I need your response, because I still waiting for my diploma
      translation, before I send my immigration application. All I have
      already prepared.

      One more thing, to prove my evidence in English Language, is it okay
      if I made an essay on how I learn English, and how do I use English in
      my daily life, works, etc.

      Thank you in advance for your response.

      Best Regards

      Leo
    • Michel Aho
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 18, 2005
        My friend!

        I assume you know how to read and speak English at least. The help I can only provide you is go on this site: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/anglais/immigration/permanent-worker/step.html

        They have up to date information and they even have self-evaluation tool to see if you will be qualify or not. You just need to be honest with yourself when you are using the self-evalution tool. At the end it will tell you if you will be qualify or not. That is the one I used a year before I sent in my application and I got approved recently. I have heard that people who can not say any word in french were selected and they went through the process without a problem. The key is to demonstrate that you are motivated and you can adapt easily in Quebec according to your profile.
        So don't be discouraged because you know only one language. Try to use the self evaluation tool to see where you stand.

        Take care,

        Lionstar <lionstar_vfp@...> a écrit :
[...]

        Us immigration and naturalization Immigration and naturalization Us immigration and naturalization service Immigration and naturalization service Federal government labor law Federal government labor law poster

      • LionStar VFP
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 19, 2005
          Thanks Aho,

          I notice this :

          All applicants can submit their applications directly to a Québec immigration office abroad. Applicants must, however, satisfy the Government of Québec’s selection requirements and criteria.

          My Question is :
          Is the Canadian Embassy at Singapore also process the immigration visas for Quebec ?
          Because I get confused, some people said it should applied to HongKong offices, but my regional should be the Singapore offices. In these south east asia region, only Singapore offices process the immigration visas. In the form I donwload from the Singapore office services, there is a check list for Quebec..

          I just want to make sure, If I can send it to Singapore offices for my Quebec immigration application.

          I got confused about these:
          http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/anglais/coordonnees/adresses-countries.html

          Indonesia : BIQ-Hong Kong

          Is the Hongkong offices only for immigration as entrepeneur or self employed ?
          Meanwhile I applied as Skilled worker. So can it be applied to Singapore offices ?

          Any answer would be greatly appreciated.

          Hong Kong, China (People's Republic of) Office Type: Full Service Centre Service Lines: Immigrants: Yes
          Visitors: Yes
          Workers: Yes
          Students: Yes Responsible
          for immigrant
          applications
          from: Economic class: Hong Kong, Macao and China (People's Republic of)
          Family class: Hong Kong, Macao and Guangdong, Fujian and Hainan Provinces and Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region

          Singapore, Singapore Office Type: Regional Program Centre Service Lines: Immigrants: Yes
          Visitors: Yes
          Workers: Yes
          Students: Yes Responsible
          for immigrant
          applications
          from: Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar (Burma), Saba, Sarawak, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam

          Michel Aho <michel_aho@...> wrote: My friend!

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 19, 2005
            If you are currently in Indonesia, you need to apply to the BIQ in Hong Kong. Once you are selected and obtained you CSQ, they will probably tell you where to apply for the visa and my best guess according to what I read on the CIC website will be the Singapour office http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/singapore/menu-fr.asp
            One thing you need to keep in mind is this: if you want to immigrate to CANADA, there are several routes:
            1) Federal, you can just apply directly to one Canadian's visa office that treats immigration in your area of residence (either your home country or another country where you are legally residing). This process takes much longer times. Some times years before people get their visa. I have read about people waiting 4 years or 5 years.
            2)Provincial nominee, you apply to a province in Canada and if they province nominate you can then you can apply for your immigrant visa. I don't even know if people use this route. I barely have information on this one.
            3)Quebec, for this route you apply to a BIQ (bureau d'immigration du Quebec) in you are o residence (either your home country or a country you are legally residing). You fill out what they call DCS (demande de certificat de selection) and you send that to the BIQ in your are of residence along with some required documents. After that they might call you for interview or not. But most people go through interview. You can escape interview if you have a good profile. After the interview if you are selected they will tell you right away and provide you information for the phase which is the visa application the the canadian embassy.
            Here is the difference between Quebec and Canada. Quebec selects its own immigrant and asks the Canadian government to give visas to those selected to go and live in Quebec. That is the reason why Quebec has its own bureau of immigration around the world but they don't provide visa. It is not in their domain. The canadian government has to give the visa.

            Now my friend what I will advise is to go on their website and take your time read through those pages and you will get up to date information. Perrhaps they might update something I have left out. The website is the best source of current information. Just be patient, if you know you want to follow Quebec route which is seems to be the quickest one just gather the documents and send it to the BIQ in your area of residence before you start worrying about where you should apply for your visa at the stage. And another thing is to avoid waisting your money make sure you use the auto-evaluation tool to see where you stand. It means if you have a chance to be selected or not. Otherwise you could waste your money.