Québec - Interview

  • Rafael Scapin
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2003
      Dear friends,

      My name is Rafael Scapin and I live in Brazil. I have applied
      for
      immigration to the Province of Québec and my interview at the Canadian
      Consulate was scheduled to August 21st.

      Has anyone already been interviewed by a Québec Immigration
      Officer? If
      so, could you please tell me your experiences? Was the interview
      conducted only in French? I am not fluent in French, so I am a bit
      affraid about this...

      Thank you in advance for your attention.

      Best regards from Brazil,

      Rafael Scapin, Ph.D.
      http://www.scapin.org

      "I have no special gift. I am only passionately curious."
      Albert Einstein
    • Gokul R
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2003
        I havent got my interview date yet but let me give you
        some pointers on what I know or have heard from this
        forum.
        During the interview they will try to assess your
        French knowledge but you are not expected to be fluent
        in it. From the many posts that I have read, some have
        passed the interview with little French knowledge(like
        few words) and others with a intermediate level. You
        need to show a true desire to learn French and
        communicate in French. You also need to show your
        knowledge about Quebec, why you chose it, if you have
        researched on how you will fit into the society and
        stuff. Basically it is to see,if you have done your
        homework on Quebec.
        You may search the old posts in google groups to get
        an idea of the interview.
        Use the quebec government website to learn more about
        quebec.

        So when did you apply with the original application
        and which Quebec office did you send your application?
        Where is your interview?

        I sent my application during March end and hoping to
        get an interview in the near future. Your timeline
        will give an idea for others about the possible wait
        to interview.

        Thanks

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com