Re: Online status

  • sabeel ansari
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 1, 2005
      To Michel, Denis and Shanzy,

      Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I guess I should have been
      more clear. heres exactly what happened.

      July 2004: Received CSQ.
      August 2004: Applied for federal immigration.
      October 2004: Medicals.
      October 2005: Medicals received (that was fast, wasnt it? :)

      to answer your other question, I am in Montreal. I was a student until
      this summer, but am on a work permit now.

      Regards,
      Sabeel

      --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "shanzy10" <shanzy10@y...>
      wrote:

      > hi
      > where did u apply from n have u tried to find the status of ur
      > application by ordering caips b/c then u wud know why its taking that
      > long or u can email them. some times it also happens that even if ur
      > meds expire they will update it without asking for new ones.
      >
      > --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "sabeel ansari"
      > <sabeel_ansari@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I got my CSQ last july and applied for federal imm in aug. i got my
      > > medicals in october last year (oct first week), and so, the results
      > > have expired by now.
      > >
      > > i just saw today on the "online services" that it says "medical
      > > reports received". Does anyone know what this means? Are they going to
      > > ask me to do the medical test again or am I done with the process.
      > >
      > > Thank you in advance,
      > > Sabeel

    • Michel Aho
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 1, 2005
        I do understand your concern. I think you are almost
        at the last step. All I can tell you is to pray. They
        will approve your but like I suggest go to spend that
        extra money to update your medicals to avoid any
        further delay. Either they are going to write you and
        ask you to go do another medicals. Like I already
        stated, they don't make decision on expired medicals.
        If you read the information online, they clearly
        stated that the medicals are only valid for 12 months
        and if they don't make decision on your case within
        the 12 months you will probably be asked to do another
        one. It is a pain what can you do, you need what they
        have and you have to follow their rules.

        Concerning your delay, I don't understand while it
        took so long. Perrhaps they have a huge backlog
        concerning cases from inside Canada. I don't know I
        could be wrong. From what I heard from friends in
        Quebec, they say usually process does not take that
        long.

        My advice to you be hopeful, you are at the last
        stage. Concerning the medicals it is your choice to go
        take another or wait for them to write you before you
        go do it.

        Good luck!!!!

        ---------------------------------

        wrote:

        > hi
        > where did u apply from n have u tried to find the
        status of ur
        > application by ordering caips b/c then u wud know
        why its taking that
        > long or u can email them. some times it also happens
        that even if ur
        > meds expire they will update it without asking for
        new ones.

        > --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "sabeel
        ansari"
        > <sabeel_ansari@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > I got my CSQ last july and applied for federal imm
        in aug. i got my
        > > medicals in october last year (oct first week),
        and so, the results
        > > have expired by now.
        > >
        > > i just saw today on the "online services" that it
        says "medical
        > > reports received". Does anyone know what this
        means? Are they going to
        > > ask me to do the medical test again or am I done
        with the process.

        > > Thank you in advance,
        > > Sabeel

        Us
        immigration and naturalization
        Immigration and naturalization
        Us immigration and
        naturalization service
        Federal government
        labor law poster
        Government law

        Terms of Service.

      • Denis
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 1, 2005
          So you did your medical tests in Oct 2004, but they (Canadian
          immigration officials) received them only a year later in Oct 2005?
          If this is what happened, that's crazy. I thought the process from
          within Quebec is the fastest and usually takes about or less than a
          year. A hospital can not be so slow to mail them I think. Sounds like
          something got messed up in the process. Were there any other
          documents you were supposed to supply between Oct 2004 and Oct 2005?

          <sabeel_ansari@y...> wrote:

          > To Michel, Denis and Shanzy,
          >
          > Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I guess I should have been
          > more clear. heres exactly what happened.
          >
          > July 2004: Received CSQ.
          > August 2004: Applied for federal immigration.
          > October 2004: Medicals.
          > October 2005: Medicals received (that was fast, wasnt it? :)
          >
          > to answer your other question, I am in Montreal. I was a student
          until
          > this summer, but am on a work permit now.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Sabeel
          >

          > --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "shanzy10" <shanzy10@y...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > hi
          > > where did u apply from n have u tried to find the status of ur
          > > application by ordering caips b/c then u wud know why its taking
          that
          > > long or u can email them. some times it also happens that even if
          ur
          > > meds expire they will update it without asking for new ones.
          > >
          > > --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "sabeel ansari"
          > > <sabeel_ansari@y...> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hi,
          > > >
          > > > I got my CSQ last july and applied for federal imm in aug. i
          got my
          > > > medicals in october last year (oct first week), and so, the
          results
          > > > have expired by now.
          > > >
          > > > i just saw today on the "online services" that it says "medical
          > > > reports received". Does anyone know what this means? Are they
          going to
          > > > ask me to do the medical test again or am I done with the
          process.

          > > > Thank you in advance,
          > > > Sabeel

        • sabeel ansari
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 1, 2005
            Thanks for your suggestions Michel and Denis.

            Yes, it usually doesnt take that long. I have friends that submitted
            their federal application in September 2004 and landed in Jan 2005.
            Anyway, mine is just a one-off case. Just luck, I guess.

            Yeah, I was asked to resubmit my Police Clearance Certificate. I had
            sent it earlier, but was asked to send it again; maybe they lost the
            first one?

            Usually, teh clinic/hospital where you do your medicals sends out the
            reports in a week or two. I had confirmed this from the clinic where I
            got it done. The reports are sent to Ottawa - from where they are
            forwarded to Buffalo. I am guessing that the delay was in Ottawa.

            Regards,
            Sabeel

            --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "Denis" <sneigeow@y...> wrote:

            > So you did your medical tests in Oct 2004, but they (Canadian
            > immigration officials) received them only a year later in Oct 2005?
            > If this is what happened, that's crazy. I thought the process from
            > within Quebec is the fastest and usually takes about or less than a
            > year. A hospital can not be so slow to mail them I think. Sounds like
            > something got messed up in the process. Were there any other
            > documents you were supposed to supply between Oct 2004 and Oct 2005?
            >

            > --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "sabeel ansari"
            > <sabeel_ansari@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > To Michel, Denis and Shanzy,
            > >
            > > Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I guess I should have been
            > > more clear. heres exactly what happened.
            > >
            > > July 2004: Received CSQ.
            > > August 2004: Applied for federal immigration.
            > > October 2004: Medicals.
            > > October 2005: Medicals received (that was fast, wasnt it? :)
            > >
            > > to answer your other question, I am in Montreal. I was a student
            > until
            > > this summer, but am on a work permit now.
            > >
            > > Regards,
            > > Sabeel
            > >

            > > --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "shanzy10" <shanzy10@y...>
            > > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > hi
            > > > where did u apply from n have u tried to find the status of ur
            > > > application by ordering caips b/c then u wud know why its taking
            > that
            > > > long or u can email them. some times it also happens that even if
            > ur
            > > > meds expire they will update it without asking for new ones.
            > > >
            > > > --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "sabeel ansari"

            > got my
            > results

            > going to
            > process.

          • Denis
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 1, 2005
              --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "sabeel ansari"

              > Yeah, I was asked to resubmit my Police Clearance Certificate. I had
              > sent it earlier, but was asked to send it again; maybe they lost the
              > first one?

              maybe, but unlikely. maybe you submitted the one that does not cover
              all the time necessary or not obtained the way they need so they asked
              you to do it the correct way? you probably did not resubmit the very
              same one you sent the first time, but obtained a new one?
              this whole thing is probably what caused your delay.
            • shanzy10
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 1, 2005
                hi sabeel

                well till i know it is not supposed to take that long i mean i know
                that after buffalo gets ur meds they take abt 3 months to give u ur
                visa so i dont know wat the delay was abt. all i can say is that why
                dont u get ur caips notes so that u wud know wats delaying ur process.
                another thing cud be that i have heard is that may be they r waiting
                for u to finish ur education n they asked me also to resubmit the pcc
                b/c mine were lost by dhl n sent in a fax of my pcc n then sent in the
                originals. fax them or email them to ask ur status they mostly answer
                to emails at least u wud know where the hang up is.

                --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "Denis" <sneigeow@y...> wrote:

                > --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "sabeel ansari"
                >
                > > Yeah, I was asked to resubmit my Police Clearance Certificate. I had
                > > sent it earlier, but was asked to send it again; maybe they lost the
                > > first one?
                >
                > maybe, but unlikely. maybe you submitted the one that does not cover
                > all the time necessary or not obtained the way they need so they asked
                > you to do it the correct way? you probably did not resubmit the very
                > same one you sent the first time, but obtained a new one?
                > this whole thing is probably what caused your delay.

              • Amir Pourteymour
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 2, 2005
                  Hi friends,
                  I am studying in montreal and I can apply for the
                  immigration in quebec.I want to know if I apply for
                  the immigration and CSQ , can I extend my visa in
                  there or not ? I mean what I shall do when my visa
                  expires? Should I leave the country or stay with the
                  extended visa?
                  Thanks alot

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • sweetgirl_wanna_try?
                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 4, 2005
                    Hi sabel,

                    No offense, please excuse

                    Do you have AIDS/SPHILLS/STD's?

                    If you have them they might delay your case!! not sure of this.

                    shanzy10 <shanzy10@...> wrote:
                    hi sabeel

                    well till i know it is not supposed to take that long i mean i know
                    that after buffalo gets ur meds they take abt 3 months to give u ur
                    visa so i dont know wat the delay was abt. all i can say is that why
                    dont u get ur caips notes so that u wud know wats delaying ur process.
                    another thing cud be that i have heard is that may be they r waiting
                    for u to finish ur education n they asked me also to resubmit the pcc
                    b/c mine were lost by dhl n sent in a fax of my pcc n then sent in the
                    originals. fax them or email them to ask ur status they mostly answer
                    to emails at least u wud know where the hang up is.

                    --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "Denis" <sneigeow@y...> wrote:

                    > --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "sabeel ansari"
                    >
                    > > Yeah, I was asked to resubmit my Police Clearance Certificate. I had
                    > > sent it earlier, but was asked to send it again; maybe they lost the
                    > > first one?
                    >
                    > maybe, but unlikely. maybe you submitted the one that does not cover
                    > all the time necessary or not obtained the way they need so they asked
                    > you to do it the correct way? you probably did not resubmit the very
                    > same one you sent the first time, but obtained a new one?
                    > this whole thing is probably what caused your delay.

                    Us immigration and naturalization Immigration and naturalization Us immigration and naturalization service Federal government labor law poster Government law

                  • Michel Aho
                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 4, 2005
                      Hohoho!!!!

                      That is not true my dear. The law is pretty clear. They don't want anybody to come to Canada to be a burden on the government for treatment. That is the reason they ask every one to submit medical report.
                      In case the individual has some types of disease that might disqualify him they will just notify him as soon as possible so that if there is a corrective action to take he can take it right away. If there is not they will not process his case to immigrate to Canada.

                      So my question to you Sweetgirl, assuming that he has a disease can you tell me what would be the reason for delaying his case. Perrhaps you are thinking about the fact that if they delay his case he will heal by then or get rid of his disease and they will process his case. I don't think so. The delay on someone can never be related to the fact that the person has these types of disease. I think if someone has these types of disease, this will be the easiest case to process since they can not grant an immigrant visa to that person. Accordingly this person will be removed from the queue of people waiting for their visa approval. So I think your argument does not hold.

                      Sabel, what I would suggest you is to do a status inquiry through post mail. That is the only way they can reply. Make sure you provide them your case number and all pertinent information they will need to give an update on your case.
                      My best guess is perrhaps a matter of address or mail lost or may be your case is seating on someone desk and mixed up with some other things. Or the request some verification and authentification of some documents from your home country, which might take a while to get back to them. A status inquiry will help relocate your file and activate it anew. Remember this they receive thousands of documents anything can happen. You have no control over that. All you can do is to remain strong and hopeful and pray for the best.

                      Take care my friend,

                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 5, 2005
                        I do not have an answer for your question
                        Someone else may help.

                        Michel Aho <michel_aho@...> wrote:Hohoho!!!!

                        shanzy10 <shanzy10@...> wrote:
                        hi sabeel

                        well till i know it is not supposed to take that long i mean i know
                        that after buffalo gets ur meds they take abt 3 months to give u ur
                        visa so i dont know wat the delay was abt. all i can say is that why
                        dont u get ur caips notes so that u wud know wats delaying ur process.
                        another thing cud be that i have heard is that may be they r waiting
                        for u to finish ur education n they asked me also to resubmit the pcc
                        b/c mine were lost by dhl n sent in a fax of my pcc n then sent in the
                        originals. fax them or email them to ask ur status they mostly answer
                        to emails at least u wud know where the hang up is.

                        --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "Denis" <sneigeow@y...> wrote:

                        > --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "sabeel ansari"
                        >
                        > > Yeah, I was asked to resubmit my Police Clearance Certificate. I had
                        > > sent it earlier, but was asked to send it again; maybe they lost the
                        > > first one?
                        >
                        > maybe, but unlikely. maybe you submitted the one that does not cover
                        > all the time necessary or not obtained the way they need so they asked
                        > you to do it the correct way? you probably did not resubmit the very
                        > same one you sent the first time, but obtained a new one?
                        > this whole thing is probably what caused your delay.

                        Us immigration and naturalization Immigration and naturalization Us immigration and naturalization service Federal government labor law poster Government law

                        Us immigration and naturalization Federal government labor law Government law

                      • shanzy10
                        Message 11 of 15 , Nov 5, 2005
                          hi sabeel

                          u told us that in oct 2005 ur online satus shows meds recieved rite
                          well there can be only 2 things.
                          1. as e client is not as reliable as every one thinks so maybe they
                          received ur meds soe time back but only now ur e client is being
                          updated b/c i know ppl who have already landed in canada n after
                          sometime their e client show decision made or
                          2. ur meds got lost some place in ottawa b/c ottawa downlaods ur meds
                          to ur visa post as soon as they check ur meds n if every thing is fine
                          they download it ur visa post the next day and they found ur meds in
                          the misplaced mail and just checked it.
                          in either case i would tell u if ur in canada applicant to go or call
                          ur respective MP as they can get hold of the visa officer and ask wats
                          the problem of ur case. u can email ur visa post or get caips notes
                          for in canada applicant its only $5 and outside $30 but it takes 6-7
                          weeks but as i c u have already waited for a year so u might just
                          order them and u would know wats up with ur application. hope every
                          thing works out

                          --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, sweetgirl_wanna_try?
                          <lonesweetgirl@y...> wrote:

> [...]
                          > to emails at least u wud know where the hang up is.
                          >
                          > --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "Denis" <sneigeow@y...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > --- In immigrationquebec@yahoogroups.com, "sabeel ansari"
                          > >
                          > > > Yeah, I was asked to resubmit my Police Clearance Certificate. I had
                          > > > sent it earlier, but was asked to send it again; maybe they lost the
                          > > > first one?
                          > >
                          > > maybe, but unlikely. maybe you submitted the one that does not cover
                          > > all the time necessary or not obtained the way they need so they
                          asked
                          > > you to do it the correct way? you probably did not resubmit the very
                          > > same one you sent the first time, but obtained a new one?
                          > > this whole thing is probably what caused your delay.

                          > Us immigration and naturalization Immigration and naturalization Us
                          immigration and naturalization service Federal government labor law

                          Service.

                          Service.