Re: [immigrationquebec] Level of french required

  • Gokul R
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2003
      As of now there is no standardized way of assesing
      French for Quebec immigration. The officer during the
      interview will assess your level directly.

      But I guess in the future with the number of
      applicants raising they may ask for a formal test to
      be taken, but as of now there is no test to be
      submitted. If you have done any French courses you can
      give them as a proof of your French knowledge. If you
      have done many courses in French, then cases of you
      getting a interview waiver are there.

      Having said that, French is just one of the important
      criteria for the immigration to Quebec,others being
      age, level of education and field of study.

      If your premilinary application goes through then your
      chances of getting CSQ is good, provided you have
      prepared well for the interview.

      --- small_universe2003 <small_universe2003@...>
      wrote:
      > Hi All,
      > I have this question: when you assess you have a
      > certain level of
      > french, how do they verify this, in federal I think
      > it is through a
      > TEF exam, here I have no clue.
      >
      > Thanks and good luck !

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • James Chung
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2003
        well... apparently... most people are invited for
        interviews unless if you score at least 68 points on
        the Quebec system. So i guess they'll get an
        assessment of your level of French during the
        interview.

        hope this helps.

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com